Tiagra vs New Tiagra

Tjommies

Is Tiagra still only 9 speed?

Has the price gone up relative to the 'coolness'?

In fact will Tiagra ever be cool?

I've been cycling for about 4 yrs, so I reckon I'm still a bit of a rookie.  Currently got a Raleigh RC3000 and want to upgrade.  I've been doing ok in PPA rides recently (seeded K). some of the bikes I've looked at has the New Tiagra.  I've been told I should probably go for 105, but just want to make sure I cover all bases.

pererace70 - I used to train with a Tiagra groupset on my GT for 2 years till a week ago. No problems! Works well, isn't cool but does work! Only trained in the dark with it Wink

I've been cycling for about 4 yrs' date=' so I reckon I'm still a bit of a rookie.  Currently got a Raleigh RC3000 and want to upgrade.  I've been doing ok in PPA rides recently (seeded K). some of the bikes I've looked at has the New Tiagra.  I've been told I should probably go for 105, but just want to make sure I cover all bases.[/quote']

Do yourself the favour..get the 105. If you get the tiagra bike you'll be in for a another upgrade soon.

Agree with Mud Dee.

No point upgrading unless you're getting something much better.

Rather ride your RC3000 for slightly longer, save a bit more & then get something really worthwhile.

I'm one of the newbies.  Joined only about a year ago and the Tjommies brand has had a new lease on life. The guys you are mentioning are way before my timeLOL