Futurelife Cereal

Has anyone seen that Biogen also has something like this now? Got it from Dischem two days ago to see how that compares to Future Life. Its called Biogen Energy Cereal.

Will see how it goes from tomorrow

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

has to be the Choc flavour , the plain flavour is just awfull.

Choc FTW :) but banana comes last - too sweet!!!

I personally stick to oats with added whey and crushed nuts (something i eat everyday. I'd feel lost if i didn't have my awesome oats in the morning :) ). I'll have that when i wake up which is a good 3 hours before the race. Then just before the race, i'll have a banana.

correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't one steer away from any low GI stuff just before a race because it takes too long to digest and then the blood cant take oxygen to your legs etc...

The reason you sometimes get that concrete feeling is if your body's glycogen stores are already filled thus slowing your carbohydrate metabolism. The best would be, if your preparing for the argus is too higher your carb metabolism efficiency by eating 60 percent protein for 5 to 7 days and then loading on low gi carbs such as future life and low gi energy bars like mcnabs energy bars. These foods are high in carbs and not dense. Do not take caffeine as it is a diuretic which means you will feel great at first but start to dehydrate quickly.

As far as future life goes, you will actually not find a better pre race meal. I woul recommend eating it with lots of chocolate Milo added and some cashew and peanuts. Peanut butter is useless because the fat gets absorbed too quickly regardless of what some might say.

Hope this helps. Remember that vitamins and sodium bicarbonate also help in performance.

isnt the Milo to much SUGAR ??

I mix future life with my whey protein shake for breakfast every single morning. And then drink it as a meal replacement shake.

I used to eat FutureLife, but now I've switched to BioGen's Energy Porridge. I just find that it tastes better.

On the brink of starvation yesterday at work I had to have something to eat. So upon further investigation my Argus goodie bag revealed a man sized bar one or a sachet of futurelife.

I have always been skeptical about futurelife as it doesn't look very appealing and seems heavily processed. After reading the label for ingredients and nutrition I though it looks good and seems popular so what do I have to lose.

IT IS AWESOME! I instantly felt my energy levels more stable, as in the past I feel pap when I get to work because I normally have all bran flakes with milk and raising but that doesn't keep me full for very long.

What are your experiences with futurelife? I think Ill be off to clicks just now to pick up some supplies.

futurelife was originally designed for 'sick' people that needed easy and complete nutrition solution as far as i recall.

The benefits have obviously been shown and is now well used in sporting circles.

its good stuff, i dont like it.

"Paul Saad, CEO of FutureLife, was inspired to develop an affordable immune-boosting energy meal for the SA market after seeing many new immune-boosting and effervescent drinks being introduced very successfully overseas.

Saad realised that these products were becoming popular because of modern lifestyles in which typically our bodies' immune systems are not as strong as they should be due to the combination of increased stress levels and poor eating habits. He wanted to create something brand new that had never been done before - combining a high quality natural "food" with a powerful natural health supplement. "And so FutureLife was born - the first product to marry both food and supplements into a single nutritional source. The reason this is so important is that nutrients are far better absorbed by the body when they are taken as a food and not as a concentrated supplement," he states.

Since the product Saad was producing was an immune-boosting health meal - he had to find a natural powerful immune-boosting product that had been clinically tested with published results. He chose Moducare (under licence from Aspen Pharmacare Ltd) as it is "the only clinically-tested plant sterol and sterolin product that has been shown through research to balance and improve the immune system"."

from http://www.developtechnology.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=24933&Itemid=999

Also a fan!!! :)

Although, dont give up on those bran flakes.. futurelife doesnt have the same effect.

Does what it says on the box.

Choc tastes quite good.

Has the texture of sawdust, which takes some getting used to.

Love the stuff, have it with lots of milk and have it as a shake(as he gulps down some more :drool: )

I enjoy it. Can clobber a bowl in seconds when rushing , it's that easy to eat. I mix mie with Pronutro sometimes.

I usually have 5 - 10 boxes in stock in my kitchen. I can only eat the banana one and it's hardly every in stock, except at the damn pharmacy.

Pick n' Pay you suck ass. Lose the pronutro and get with the green boxes.