Futurelife Cereal

Future life is the ONLY cereal for cycling! I drink a future life shake practically every morning of my life. The world would be an empty place without it...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What works for me: Future Life with cooked oats (50/50) and natural yoghurt and water (no fresh milk). plus some nuts/berries/cinnamon

After a race a small packed of Future Life mixed with water or juice - that works really well.

During the race - 32GI chews, and 2 GUs for the last 25km.

We have very early breakfast of plain cooked Tiger Jumgle Oats with hunny. The oats forms a gel in the tomach..... Similar to when it gets cold on the stove. This slowly releases during the day and keeps you fed. Too much sugar will cause gastric release and you will have to look for a Porta Potti on the way. Pasta with some protein is taken in the last three days before the race. We also sometimes made Yoghurt papaja banana hunny and raw Jungle Oats smoothy that we sipped on the way to the race.

I use Future Life as a shake, 3 table spoons, 250 lowfat milk, small banana and sometimes yoghurt added.

Works like a charm

futurelife isnt a good cereal... ITS THE BEST! I eat it every morning and before every single race. It's proved to be healthy and nutritive to eat 3 times a day, has everything in that your body needs, go for it use it

I have been told to eat mostly potatoes in stead of pasta, is this true ?

Potatoes are high GI so be careful. During a race they can be good depending on duration and when in the race you take it.

As a diabetic I try and stick to low GI foods, and Future Life is my standard breakfast (mixed with milk).

Future Life for breakfast this side too. Been on it since I got a sample in theBomb surf mag last year sometime. .

some complicated breakfast routes here ,

3x weetbix and raisons does me for any race , stage race ect , used it for years .

as said though the NUMBER 1 RULE , NEVER try something new before a race !!!

Potatoes are high GI so be careful. During a race they can be good depending on duration and when in the race you take it.

As a diabetic I try and stick to low GI foods, and Future Life is my standard breakfast (mixed with milk).

Also diabetic...type2..... the hunny used had no effect on my bloodsugar. Also used Booms gel as energy boost with Enerforce made from re-hydrogenated maize and artificially sweetened as hydration

i battle to eat even a slice of toast before a big ride - so i make a very watery mix of future life with hot water, and then follow up with two big glasses of a high carb drink mixed with cold water and a bit of nesquick. I avoid mixing with milk as that tends to sit in your stomach

potatoes and banana are no no's for long lasting energy, generally give you a spike and then a crash.

low gi is the way to go

I got sick of eating sloppy stuff so I've switched to future life crunch, its so much better !!!

Personal preference I guess. I prefer to chew my cereal sometimes.

i normally mix it with weetbix whcih gives it the chewy factor

Same here, or with some Pro Nutro.

The reason you sometimes get that concrete feeling is if your body's glycogen stores are already filled thus slowing your carbohydrate metabolism. The best would be, if your preparing for the argus is too higher your carb metabolism efficiency by eating 60 percent protein for 5 to 7 days and then loading on low gi carbs such as future life and low gi energy bars like mcnabs energy bars. These foods are high in carbs and not dense. Do not take caffeine as it is a diuretic which means you will feel great at first but start to dehydrate quickly.

As far as future life goes, you will actually not find a better pre race meal. I woul recommend eating it with lots of chocolate Milo added and some cashew and peanuts. Peanut butter is useless because the fat gets absorbed too quickly regardless of what some might say.

Hope this helps. Remember that vitamins and sodium bicarbonate also help in performance.