Abusive Cyclist

Thug

A letter written to the Editor of a JHB based cycling magazine.......

To the Editor

I am trying to locate a cyclist who was extremely

abusive and threatening, as I have every intention of laying criminal

charges. The incident took place at the botton entrance to Delta Park,just

off Bantam and Blairgowrie Drives on the 10/10/07 at about 5.30pm, when I was

walking my dogs and was completely unprovoked. My female dog, who is very

placid, was not on a lead and my young boisterous male dog was.Neither dog was

anywhere near the cyclist.

As he came onto the gravel at the bottom of

Blairgowrie Drive, his bike slipped and he fell. Another man walking his dog

alongside me and I asked him if he was ok and he then started swearing and

blaming the dogs for his fall. The other man continued walking up into

Blairgowrie and the cyclist then rode up to me and was extremely abusive 

and using foul language told me that I had no right to be walking my dogs off a

lead and that it was his right to cycle in the park. I asked him not to use such

bad language and said that I was not prepared to speak to him if he could not be

civil. I then ignored him and continued walking home. He followed me for about

400m, continuing his abusive comments. On reaching Wendy Ave, he then started

circling me, saying that now that he knew where I lived, he was looking forward

to coming back to shoot me and my family. He told me to think of him when I felt

the gun in my mouth and that it was nice living in a Country where life is worth

nothing, as he so looked forward to shooting me with ease. When I told him he

was a coward and he should give me his name and number he eventually rode

off.

If any of your cyclists know of a story of a fellow

cyclist landing up in hospital with a broken leg after a dog ran in front of his

bike, I would appreciate some feedback and a contact name. He is the friend of

the guy who threatened me and I am sure he would have retold his saga often

enough that many cyclist have heard it and can help me in identifying

him.

The guy who threatened me is about 24 yrs old,

average hight and build, dark hair, brown eyes, clean shaven and was wearing

black cycling gear. I think his bike was also black, I did not get the make.At

the moment he would be sporting a graze on his right( i think) knee, which was

bleeding a bit after he slipped on the sand. He is loud mouth and a bully and I

am sure would not have behaved the way he did, if I was not a woman on my

own. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

C. Stuart

[/Quote]

If anyone knows who this A**hole is, PM me his name and number and we'll make sure he takes up a new pastime.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A letter written to the Editor of a JHB based cycling magazine.......

To the Editor

I am trying to locate a cyclist who was extremely abusive and threatening' date=' as I have every intention of laying criminal charges. The incident took place at the botton entrance to Delta Park,just off Bantam and Blairgowrie Drives on the 10/10/07 at about 5.30pm, when I was walking my dogs and was completely unprovoked. My female dog, who is very placid, was not on a lead and my young boisterous male dog was.Neither dog was anywhere near the cyclist.

As he came onto the gravel at the bottom of Blairgowrie Drive, his bike slipped and he fell. Another man walking his dog alongside me and I asked him if he was ok and he then started swearing and blaming the dogs for his fall. The other man continued walking up into Blairgowrie and the cyclist then rode up to me and was extremely abusive  and using foul language told me that I had no right to be walking my dogs off a lead and that it was his right to cycle in the park. I asked him not to use such bad language and said that I was not prepared to speak to him if he could not be civil. I then ignored him and continued walking home. He followed me for about 400m, continuing his abusive comments. On reaching Wendy Ave, he then started circling me, saying that now that he knew where I lived, he was looking forward to coming back to shoot me and my family. He told me to think of him when I felt the gun in my mouth and that it was nice living in a Country where life is worth nothing, as he so looked forward to shooting me with ease. When I told him he was a coward and he should give me his name and number he eventually rode off.

If any of your cyclists know of a story of a fellow cyclist landing up in hospital with a broken leg after a dog ran in front of his bike, I would appreciate some feedback and a contact name. He is the friend of the guy who threatened me and I am sure he would have retold his saga often enough that many cyclist have heard it and can help me in identifying him.

The guy who threatened me is about 24 yrs old, average hight and build, dark hair, brown eyes, clean shaven and was wearing black cycling gear. I think his bike was also black, I did not get the make.At the moment he would be sporting a graze on his right( i think) knee, which was bleeding a bit after he slipped on the sand. He is loud mouth and a bully and I am sure would not have behaved the way he did, if I was not a woman on my own. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

C. Stuart

[/Quote']

If anyone knows who this A**hole is, PM me his name and number and we'll make sure he takes up a new pastime.

rambo pee in your porridge?LOL

Look, I know a couple of guys who fit the description... The fact that they were nowhere near the scene of the crime is irrelevant, I just don't like them. So can we implicate them, just so I can get to donder someone for nothing, and if we find the real culprit we can bliksem him too?

So let me tell you something about some mountain bikers in the Western Cape. I travel to work and by mtb.

In the afternoon I will go over tiekiedraai, and at poplars I turn right through the vineyard to the top of Magic forest and get out at van riebeeck weg.

Last week I came down the gravel stretch (the beacon downhill, and 3 guys came from the front). There is a lot of loose rock and gravel, so I stay left, they came up all 3 abreast, about 5 m before we pass each other the one move behind the 2.

As they pass me me the one remark something like this,

"Idiot, dont fall over"

now, I do not see how fast I can go downhill, and I though about them coming from the front as well.

So,.. yes, you get these damm idiots.

This why cyclist get a bad reputation from the public. If you listen to the radio in the mornings, the DJ's are also talking bad about cyclist because of stupid people like this.

I think we clean up our act. Come cyclist, wake up.

This why cyclist get a bad reputation from the public. If you listen to the radio in the mornings' date=' the DJ's are also talking bad about cyclist because of stupid people like this.

I think we clean up our act. Come cyclist, wake up.

[/quote']

Hmmm One of the people I want to implicate! LOL

there are always two sides to a story.maybe this guys dog was injured and now wants to try and claim from the cyclist or something like that.he was in the wrong to have his dog off a leash.i cant see a cyclist leaving his buddy with a broken leg to swear at someone or at least i wont.all this guy needs to do is phone hospitals in the area and see if someone was brought in on that day with a broken leg.

A while back the CoJ had a proposal on the table to start developing certain parts of the Braamfontein Spruit. Fortunately, we cyclists got wind of it and en masse emailed/voted against the development. The CoJ then backtracked due to the response.

By allowing these inferior sub-species to create a bad name for us, we might in future not be so lucky in persuading CoJ to leave the Spruit alone.

Nought! I say we draw up a list of possible suspects, anybody you don't like will do. Then we go to their houses and confront them witht he evidence at hand and just kick the door in and start *^%&^$&^)(*(^&^$^#%!!!

You dig?

there are always two sides to a story.maybe this guys dog was injured and now wants to try and claim from the cyclist or something like that.he was in the wrong to have his dog off a leash.i cant see a cyclist leaving his buddy with a broken leg to swear at someone or at least i wont.all this guy needs to do is phone hospitals in the area and see if someone was brought in on that day with a broken leg.

Read the letter properly...

1. The guy who broke a leg did so on another occasion.

2. Her dogs were not responsible for his fall.

Irrespective of whether there are signs that stipulate that dogs should be on leashes or not. It does not give that A**hole the right to threaten the lady.

Although there are always two sides to a story, threatening people in such an uncivilized manor is just not on. I just don't hope that this guy is one of our hubbers, because I won't want to be associated with him in anyway whatsoever.