Climber or a Racer ?

CharlV

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither a climber or racer :blush: More a plodder.

The experts tell you if you are not a strong climber to work your way to the front before the climb starts then if you do drift off the front you are at least middle of the bunch at the top of the climb.

The experts have obviously not ridden in the bunches i have, as everyone has the same idea and all start to sprint to to get to the front before the climb :(

I don't know I have always been a good climber...

1.89m @ 70kg's and 6.8kg bike thats all you need :lol:

Damn dude - you're in danger of slipping down your own arsehole :D

I'm 185cm and 80kg and everybody calls me skinny/lean!

CharlIV, it's all getting technical now, cycling is esentially a simple sport, you're not a good climber, go out and do more climbs.

Wil6: You're not strong on the flats, go find some flat roads and crank it along them for at least an hour as hard as you can, do it alot, you'll get better at it.

All pretty simple really.

Neither a climber or racer :blush: More a plodder.

The experts have obviously not ridden in the bunches i have, as everyone has the same idea and all start to sprint to to get to the front before the climb :(

Hold Your Freekin Line!!!HEEEHAAAA!!!:lol:

lol I'm almost at my birth weight now :lol:

Reminds me of an old joke...

So I went to the Doctor and said "I'd like to get to my race weight but don't know what it is". "No problem" said the Doc "whats the least you've ever weighed?"....

3.1kg I said.

<insert cheesy drumroll>

CharlIV, it's all getting technical now, cycling is esentially a simple sport, you're not a good climber, go out and do more climbs.

Wil6: You're not strong on the flats, go find some flat roads and crank it along them for at least an hour as hard as you can, do it alot, you'll get better at it.

All pretty simple really.

Titus

Got it ,..............seeing a shrink this afternoon before I take the road !!!:lol:

Reminds me of an old joke...

So I went to the Doctor and said "I'd like to get to my race weight but don't know what it is". "No problem" said the Doc "whats the least you've ever weighed?"....

3.1kg I said.

<insert cheesy drumroll>

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH!!!!!!!

Someone mentioned hill repeats in training, yes really good advice, but be careful not to do it too often.

Yes, especially on SS

Damn dude - you're in danger of slipping down your own arsehole :D

I'm 185cm and 80kg and everybody calls me skinny/lean!

Agree, I´m 193cm and 84kg and able to see veins on my shoulders!

Agree, I´m 193cm and 84kg and able to see veins on my shoulders!

Well at my last fitness test I weighed 74kg's. This gave me a BMI of about 20 and that's fine if you are an athlete.

And I quote:

If your BMI is below 20:

This indicates a lean BMI, which means you have a low amount of body fat. If you are an athlete, this can be desirable. If you are not an athlete, a lean BMI can indicate that your weight may be too low which may lower your immunity. If your BMI and body weight are low, you should consider gaining weight through good diet and exercise habits, to increase your muscle mass. If your BMI is between 20 and 22:

This indicates the ideal, healthy amount of body fat, which is associated with living longest, and the lowest incidence of serious illness. Coincidentally, it seems this ratio is what many individuals perceive to be the most aesthetically attractive.

See and I'm attractive according to above :D

Edited by wisecrack