ICE ID vs Sweat Safe- Information thread/poll

Lukep

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer ICE ID or Sweat Safe and why?

• ICE ID
    • Sweat safe

These wrist bands are valuable to all active people who train on the roads or in the wilderness, but we seem to spend more time discussing power balance bands and livestrong bands, so I thought we shoudl start a poll/thread that looks at what is avalible and what is best so that people can make an infomred decsion and get some form of ID in case of an emergency.

Edited by Lukep

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the ER 24 one you get as part of a club membership from the lab another one?

Nice little extra by cyclelab.

Seems with Sweat Safe you get extra emergency medical benefits (at extra cost over the once off ICE ID cost) but I have that already through my medical aid - so I am going to go with ICE ID with medical aid number and emergency 084 124 number on it.

Isn't Sweatsafe part of a broader insurance product, while ICEID is just a form of identification?

I have an ICEID dogtag that I only ever take off while I sleep.

I seem to like the ICEID more - its on my todo list at home to get one for each memeber of the family. Just a bit pricey to get 4 at the moment with our tight budget.

Sweat Safe as I do not have a medical aid, you can get cover for R50,000 or R100,000 and its for all accidents, cycling or otherwise (or so I am led to believe?).

I seem to like the ICEID more - its on my todo list at home to get one for each memeber of the family. Just a bit pricey to get 4 at the moment with our tight budget.

+ 1

All they actually do is print info you supply them with on a durable tag... In essence there is no reason you can do it cheaper on a home made solution - you already have all the required information...

One thing I do see missing is a sticker for our rides. Actually going to make a sticker this afternoon at work for the bike (we have one of those label machines) as just this morning I got the closest every to being hit by a car - 10m in front of the house.

The bracelete products are great, but what happens when its not with you?

Is the ER 24 one you get as part of a club membership from the lab another one?

Nice little extra by cyclelab.

uhm...I am a club member and havnt got any ER24 band?

uhm...I am a club member and havnt got any ER24 band?

eish :unsure:

Ja picked it up with my bibs and top, you have to supply all you medical aid details, ICE contact person and numbers + medical aid details. They then give you a red ER24 band with the ER24 emergency no on it + your unique number on the inside, so I guess in an emergency they dial the ER24 no and give your unique no a reference to the despatch unit...speculating here haven't used it yet :D

btw I am a member at the fourways club.

Isn't Sweatsafe part of a broader insurance product, while ICEID is just a form of identification?

I have an ICEID dogtag that I only ever take off while I sleep.

I like the dogtag

Big problem is that paramedics will remove anything around your neck.When you get to Hosp no details.....

All they actually do is print info you supply them with on a durable tag... In essence there is no reason you can do it cheaper on a home made solution - you already have all the required information...

Just looked at those pic from you lie down again.

LEGEND!!