Stans NoTubes=NOGOOD

ELMOBA

To be honest, who cares ? Would you rather be changing and patching tubes all the time... ;)

That's the perfect handicap system.

The racing snakes should all ride tubes and the time they use to fix tubes, I can use to get a head start! :D

Edited by MaxUmis

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How often should one refresh the sealant?

If I dont bomb, every 5-6 months but I have found that the sealant is normally perfect. If I used a bomb, swap sealant when I get home from my ride, also normally the sealant is perfect, but it's cheap enough to warrant a replace and then I am good for anonther couple of months :thumbup:

I used CO2 bombs on all my stans tubeless setups and the stans still works like a bomb.

Even after months of use the sealant was perfect.

I used CO2 bombs on all my stans tubeless setups and the stans still works like a bomb.

Agree

Ja quite possible, I only got those "asteroids" when I used a bomb, and like I said in a earlier post, there is no recipe...its not a given that they will form. When I do bomb however, I always make a point of checking for them after my ride, and while I am doing it, I sommer replace my sealant cause I am at it, its more a case of rather be safe than sorry for me. I wonder however if anybody ever got them with other brands....Joe's, Cafe latex etc

Ja quite possible, I only got those "asteroids" when I used a bomb, and like I said in a earlier post, there is no recipe...its not a given that they will form. When I do bomb however, I always make a point of checking for them after my ride, and while I am doing it, I sommer replace my sealant cause I am at it, its more a case of rather be safe than sorry for me. I wonder however if anybody ever got them with other brands....Joe's, Cafe latex etc

ONly reason I use bombs, is to help seat the tyres if a footpump doesn't work. Too lazy to go to a garage for the compressor

If you use the right amount of sealant (wich is not much)you need to change it every 3 months.I find that most of the guys use to mutch sealant. Me and my training buddy have been riding for years with Stans and no problems at all.Just need to refill the tyres every 3-4 months and there you go.

Stans rules!!!!!!!!!

ONly reason I use bombs, is to help seat the tyres if a footpump doesn't work. Too lazy to go to a garage for the compressor

O koot that would create a vicious cycle for me...doing the initial pump with a bomb that is :lol:

I still dig stan's though, works well when you need it so I am not changing.

I have used stans - no hassles at all - found three large pieces of wire (about 50mm each) rolling inside my tyre last week. :thumbup:

If you use the right amount of sealant (wich is not much)you need to change it every 3 months.I find that most of the guys use to mutch sealant. Me and my training buddy have been riding for years with Stans and no problems at all.Just need to refill the tyres every 3-4 months and there you go.

Stans rules!!!!!!!!!

3 Months makes sense in my particular case. Almost 3 months now and there is still some sealant and something more solid (the astroid) rolling around inside.

Think there might also be something to the theory that someone mentioned earlier about bikes that are not used on a regular basis and the sealant just lying at the bottom going "off" quicker.

I have used stans - no hassles at all - found three large pieces of wire (about 50mm each) rolling inside my tyre last week. :thumbup:

That can make for an interesting topic.

What have you found inside your tubeless tyre?

I've found pieces of those long white thorns that broke off inside the tyre.

That can make for an interesting topic.

What have you found inside your tubeless tyre?

I've found pieces of those long white thorns that broke off inside the tyre.

'n Pendoring

stans is the shizz.never had issues with it.have had 'asteroids' as well but have never thought they were a problem.justtake them out and give them to the cat to chase around the lounge floor.

It might be temperature. I put new stans in for Attas and when I got there the front wheel had no more sealing properties and the rear had the biggest coral reef creation I've ever seen.

The bike was on a plane down to George and I had to bomb the rear twice but the front wasn't bombed at all and the very first puncture spewed out all the non-sticky juice without sealing.

On my training wheels, that I use on a daily basis and NEVER bomb, I've haven't found a new lifeform in the last six months. Perhaps it's because of daily use and higher temperatures... will have to wait for winter again and the sub zero temperature riding to see if that theory holds.

I remember something called 'No-Flats', has anyone tried that and had any bad experience?

Ingo