R12.00 Cokes at Tokai

my_intense

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TIN OF COKE IS R14.50 AT A COFFEE SHOP IN GATEWAY

Some Hotels :whistling: Charge R18 which is a REAL rip off but that comes from the Head office and the staff have no say :whistling: But the type of clientele don't usually mind but when u going for guys that want value u take ur chance

Coffee shop at Tokai very under-used by Mtbikers. Don't know how they (shop owner) can be so dof not to realize that they have a huge market right under their noses. I have a cup of coffe and a slice of cheesecake there every once in a while and found it quite pleasant, if not great. Don't recall it as particularly expensive.

Ye, the owner must be an idiot, never even occurred to me to use that shop. I go to the garage at the circle. Mind you the owner is probably SAN parks. Try R13 for a bar one at Cape Point - lube up good before you enter the coffee shop there.

When i go to hotels i'm there on company expense and i dont even look at the prices they can charge R100 bucks a coke if they want, its not my money i am spending :)

So we have to assume on the flip side of this debate that jonkers and tokai serve 5 star quisine, made by the best chef's in the country in a location desinged buy the best interior designers with no regard for budget to justify their R12.00 cokes.

Or are they mimimal upkeep establishements that look like crap serving food that my three year old could have improved on at over charged rates?

lol anywhich way i use to make use of them, now i just simply refuse too. If i walk in there if just feels like i have DICK written all the front of my head.

How long has the coffee shop been going? I see this sort of attitude in Magalies from time to time, a new pub/restaurant starts off, prices are good, local and tourist support is there, then all of a sudden they up their prices and no-one goes there and guess what:

the owner then bleats about the lack of support in a small town.

I agree with everyone who said don't buy one there but there is no need to rip people off like that, the garage next to where my friend works has those glass 400ml cokes for R4.50 I think, thats a good deal and then there is R1.00 or so return on the bottle too.

Am I behind the times or is R12.00 for a can of coke at the coffee shop a bit steep? That's more than at the airport.

CRC have them for R4.79 - anyone want to club in and we buy a case?

Yeah, its in everything Covie, I balk at paying for something where I percieve the value to be overrated - its got nothing to do with the afforability of the purchaser, its got to do with value for money.

Ditto for that.

Edited by scotty

H.K.G.K........

lol nee wat bennie, thats the difference between working for a Global Financial instituation that budgets for these things and looks after its employees vs your A typical south african management moron mentalitly, of slave driving and expecting their employees to foot their own bills when travelling for their "companies"

If Coke is R12-00 at Tokai..... how much do you pay for Tik???????

Prices at Jhb (shopping centre) restaurants vary between R12 and R15 for a coke.

Rietvlei Bike park is R10, my favourite stop (the Circus - Daleside) also R10.

Garages are the same, Monster can range between R18.00 and R25.00 a can

R13.99 on special at Spar

Edited by chris_w_65