Possible Scammer

BigBoy10

Hi

Selling my Merida got a call from Gary from Bruma Lake, he does not want to see the bike will make payment and then I have to deliver bike. Sounds a bit like a scam anyine recognise this telephone numbers? 0716959712 or 0783013249

Why would that bug you, if you feel its a scam, let him pay send payment confirmation, phone your bank the next day to check if the money is in holding. simple as that. Alternativly just wait for the money to clear and then deliver the bike.

Why would that bug you, if you feel its a scam, let him pay send payment confirmation, phone your bank the next day to check if the money is in holding. simple as that. Alternativly just wait for the money to clear and then deliver the bike.

agreed

if the bank can confirm or the money is in your account wish him happy riding

Beware, a guy by the name of Gary Pautz also from Bruma wanted to buy equipment from me. Deposited the "cash" at once without even seeing the equipment. The day before I was to deliver I became suspicious. Went to my bank, he had deposited a stolen cheque and had it made available to look like cash.Bastard would have taken me for R16k. By the way Gary is a Nigerian. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Hi

Selling my Merida got a call from Gary from Bruma Lake, he does not want to see the bike will make payment and then I have to deliver bike. Sounds a bit like a scam anyine recognise this telephone numbers? 0716959712 or 0783013249

Jip Face Plant, would have been eina

jeez close call there Agent!! that would have been some expensive school fees

Edited by THE BLOODY AGENT

Now this is why the Hub works well. Bloody Agent I think you just saved BigBoy from a certain scam

Beware, a guy by the name of Gary Pautz also from Bruma wanted to buy equipment from me. Deposited the "cash" at once without even seeing the equipment. The day before I was to deliver I became suspicious. Went to my bank, he had deposited a stolen cheque and had it made available to look like cash.Bastard would have taken me for R16k. By the way Gary is a Nigerian. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

A year or so ago I was the victim of such a scam. Was selling a desktop PC and wanted to get rid of it quickly. Didnt even become suspicious (was taken for R4000-00), thats why I'm not an Agent :blush: When there are a few numbers involved, it's even more reason for suspicion.

Anyways, if you follow all the advice on this thread thus far, you'll be ok.

Meet the guy at a police station, and only accept cash, scammer wont do either, some1 serious would understand and b more than willing to do so.

Meet the guy at a police station, and only accept cash, scammer wont do either, some1 serious would understand and b more than willing to do so.

This is good advice!! If he has nothing to hide..then he should have nooo problem meeting you at copshop...

Just beware that the coppers doesn't jack your bike... :D :D