Hardtail vs Dual suspension

Vetseun

Friends help this agent out please. I ride a Scott hardtail, love the bike, its light and fast, but time is catching up with the agent, Im 41 now.The body is starting to take a few shots on the rides with the hard tail Ive now had an offer, straight swop, my Scott Scale RC hardtail for a Scott Spark RC dual. Same year model (2010) same size. Should I make the the transition? What would you my Hubber friends?

Edited by THE BLOODY AGENT

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Friends help this agent out please. I ride a Scott hardtail, love the bike, its light and fast, but time is catching up with the agent, Im 41 now.The body is starting to take a few shots on the rides with the hard tail Ive now had an offer, straight swop, my Scott Scale RC hardtail for a Scott Spark RC duel. Same year model (2010) same size. Should I make the the transition? What would you my Hubber friends?

with out a doubt...make the swop :) rc dual is light enough. you should feel bad for cheating your friend like this

Yes. Go for it! A dual is just plain fun bombing it down a rough mountainside! Screw the added weight and loss of control and flickability! Yeeha!

Friends help this agent out please. I ride a Scott hardtail, love the bike, its light and fast, but time is catching up with the agent, Im 41 now.The body is starting to take a few shots on the rides with the hard tail Ive now had an offer, straight swop, my Scott Scale RC hardtail for a Scott Spark RC dual. Same year model (2010) same size. Should I make the the transition? What would you my Hubber friends?

Ninny,I am 43 an ride a Scott hardtail :clap: :clap:

Ninny,I am 43 an ride a Scott hardtail :clap: :clap:

dont mind the clapping hands...he just want to steal your deal agent

I was on a lightweight hardtail for about a year, and thought that it was great, until I converted to a full suspension (also in the lightweight catogory, a Merida 96 Team). The full sus is just as fast, much more forgiving, and with a lock-out can climb just as good as the hardtail. My riding ability improved, and after a long and hard ride, my body has no complaints at all. Loose the bone-shaker and get that full sus, Agent, you will never look back....just maybe at your friends riding the hardtails!

Yeah! I like, I already look back at them suffering now they are really gonna k@k

I was on a lightweight hardtail for about a year, and thought that it was great, until I converted to a full suspension (also in the lightweight catogory, a Merida 96 Team). The full sus is just as fast, much more forgiving, and with a lock-out can climb just as good as the hardtail. My riding ability improved, and after a long and hard ride, my body has no complaints at all. Loose the bone-shaker and get that full sus, Agent, you will never look back....just maybe at your friends riding the hardtails!

Its strange how one of the guys I ride with, has reverted to a hardtail 26" bike. He convinced me to go with the full suspension. He is 36.

I have both... one for when I want to ride without worries (dual) and one for when I want to work on my lines in the rough stuff (hardtail)...

A hardtail does teach you to ride properly in my opinion...

I have both... one for when I want to ride without worries (dual) and one for when I want to work on my lines in the rough stuff (hardtail)...

A hardtail does teach you to ride properly in my opinion...

that's why I have a rigid SS steel bike ;) (and a hard tail 29r for slightly more relaxed days)

The extra weight on the DS is easily lost around the gut, unless you weigh 63kg's with 2% body fat. I rode a lightweight hardtail with 80mm suspension fork for 3 years, last year I've gone the other way and got my Morewood Zula with 120mm front and 100mm back. I notice the difference, especially on the longer stuff, so if your game is 2hr XC races, stay on the hardtail, but if you ride multi stage races and the marathon type events, its obvious that you need to switch.

Morewood made the most sense here, but the fact that you asked the question in the first place to me means the hardtail you beating you up, I think the switch will be a good one.