WE MATCH ANY QUOTE

spongebob

We'll match any price basically means:

We'll screw you for what we can unless you're clever enough to find it cheaper elsewhere....

Its kind of the same as walking into the shops in Meadowdale and Boksburg (you know the ones) and looking at the prices on everything. Everything is immediately negotiable. I never go there anymore cos it aggravates me how they try make you feel you are gonna get a special price, cos "don worry bru, for you I'm gonna give you less 10%" Why the hell cant shops just put their best price on the things upfront. If people then ask for discount they can just say no as the prices are the best possible. I, for one, appreciate the guys who are honest from the get-go. They are ones who get my business.

Don't get me wrong - I am not upset with them - I am upset with myself. They did exactly what they said - they matched the price. But, when I first went in their "best" price was the higher one and they could not do any better. But suddenly if business is going to another store, there is a "better" price! It just seems a bit unfair to me. But it is my problem not theirs.

No, it's their prob - first they lost a customer, then they had that lost prospect talk to other prospects.

I do not use the store of which we speak, precisely because they behave like any other large retailer. When I was last in the market for a bike store, my LBS (Cyclefunatic in Durbanville) played very open cards with me, and I with them.

In the end I didn't buy from them because they don't carry the brand that I ended up buying, but I was disappointed not to be able to buy from them.

I second that...

Dont get me wrong, i am all for shopping around but you will not catch me me shopping around and using someone elses good price, to drive down pricing. I wont go to a shop, get a quote and then take that quote to somewhere else and get them to beat it. I don't believe its fair. My opinion, get as many quotes as you want, compare apples with apples and go for the best deal offered.

Don't get me wrong - I am not upset with them - I am upset with myself. They did exactly what they said - they matched the price. But, when I first went in their "best" price was the higher one and they could not do any better. But suddenly if business is going to another store, there is a "better" price! It just seems a bit unfair to me. But it is my problem not theirs.

Ja I hear you, mind you they may believe they have a better deal than anyone else if they've negotiated a better price from the supplier. Then a competitor will see your price special and undersell, it's not entirely uncommon.

Ethically, it can be debated til the sun sets, personally I never work like that. Have had clients send me an actual quote from others in my field of work to force the price, and I refer them back. For a number of reasons, but I digress.

See what you mean and understand, don't let it detract from enjoying the bike. Unless it's a 29er :P

They might have done what they said about matching the price.... but

But they told me that they were the cheapest in town, so I should not even bother.

they surely didnt tell you the truth now, did they?

i avoid the superstore out of principle because i believe they have got away with murder for the alleged price fixing scheme.

uhm, don't talk too quickly, the Competition Commission is still onto the whole thing.

well recently helped a relative get a new mtb. we followed the same process of shopping around to see which shop sold the bike at the best price. we started at Eagle Canyon Cycles, who had the best customer service. we where open with the salesman telling him that we are going to shop around, and he was decent enough to point out stuff that we need to look at when buying a new mtb. that said, we visited 4 other stores, and prices where a bit cheaper, but went back to Eagle Canyon, best customer service won. the thing that still wow's me was that they gave good customer service on low specced bike, lower price means lesser profit margin.

big ups to Eagle Canyon Cycles :thumbup:

Any retail outlet should price their goods at what they think a competitive market price should be. There after it is up to the consumer to decide if they want to pay a premium price for a product if it includes a service or extras etc. At the end of the day it is up to you the consumer to get the best deal for you. If you are happy playing one up against the other then go for it! If that goes against your grain then don't do it.

Bottom line is do your homework and don't get ripped off. The principle applies to retail purchases as well as 2nd hand buys.