SA champs is a joke !

Notleh

:angry: It seems that everything in CSA, of significance, depends on Messrs Lemmers and Austin - Race Planning and Organisation right through National Team selection and training, etc., etc., and eventually to the almost inevitable sending out of apologies and excuses.

But what has gone as it should over the last few years - the 2010 World Champs was a disaster for SA, as was the Commonwealth Games and now the National Champs folowing the same form, so it's apparent that L & A aren't really up to the job!

Isn't there someone in CSA - like a President or Chairman - who can take control of things before SA cycling becomes the laughing stock of the country?

Leonard Chuenhne is looking for work :lol:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you expect on a week day in the middle of the dorp. Why take the cycling to the people in good old South Africa if most do not know what it is about most do not give a shti and you just anoy most.

what I thought

ultimately though CSA needs to ensure all is in place before race day..........

@mallow - I don't see yr point brother. I merely asked for clarity.

I think CSA just need confirmation from prov body that all is ok, cleary it was not in this case so i believe some sort of action should be taken by CSA against EP cycling.

I think CSA just need confirmation from prov body that all is ok, cleary it was not in this case so i believe some sort of action should be taken by CSA against EP cycling.

Oh,great solution. It wasn't me is an awesome comeback for CSA to make. At least arsewipe mcquaid fights back. Why dont CSA take a leaf from his book of hard-arsed corruption in cycling?

Guest agteros

It is the SA Champs, not EP Champs so responsibility resides with CSA and not the province.

Oh,great solution. It wasn't me is an awesome comeback for CSA to make. At least arsewipe mcquaid fights back. Why dont CSA take a leaf from his book of hard-arsed corruption in cycling?

What do you want CSA based in CT to do ? Who know the route better regards route, safety, liasion with local auths etc the PE guys or someone in CT.

PE stuck up their hand and said we will do it.

Edited by scotty

What do you want CSA based in CT to do ?

Um... Administer the sport in a professional manner? Surely that's their job?

In a corporation, these loonies at the top who can't seem to organise the proverbial in a brewery would be out on their collective rears long ago.

latest tweets mention 1) theyre talking to city officials to sort out issues but in the same breath mentions tomorrows champs have been called off. thats really shocking

Burry Stander"s tweets is asking for somebody flying up from KZN if they can bring his MTB along, maybe somebody can help him out

Um... Administer the sport in a professional manner? Surely that's their job?

In a corporation, these loonies at the top who can't seem to organise the proverbial in a brewery would be out on their collective rears long ago.

You have not answered the question, what should CSA in CT have done.

Sent a team to PE with bicycles to ride the route before hand to see if it was safe?

Gone directly to local metro and police and liasied with them.?

Arrived on race days with a bunch of guys and girls in tow and start putting up cones and markings then assisted the local auths to man roads and intersections.?

Makes sense the above was delegated to PE cycling and they needed to confirm that it was done. Not saying CSA are totaly blameless and in the end will take the brunt though.

Its a sad situation and even more so frustrating having pointed out certain major safety concerns regarding the route. The local riders/clubs were not asked to assist or offer opinion.Business was never engaged - There was ample opportunity to make better use of the double carriage sections which would have eliminated the safety aspect on these sections. Locals know that the back road to the varsity is blocked up every morning and that the road network in that area does no favour smooth traffic flow. I share your disappointed and frustration knowing how many hours of training, preparation and money spent to participate in this premier event.

What a joke. Sounds like they are lowering the bar to WP Champs standards. Also a total farce every year.

i took part, what was the problem?

i took part, what was the problem?

WP champs? They gave me 1st and 9th place in the SV road race, even though I didn't finish it after donating a wheel.

I got 4th in the TT even though I didn't leave my house that day.

TT riders were mis-timed and sent the wrong direction. that's just the stuff I know about. Took them over a month to phone me and rectify the road race and TT result.

Apparently similar cockups happened the previous year.

Edited by Luke.