Eldron's new race rig..

Eldron

I'll sit here and pretend not to be jealous!! <_<

Had the opportunity to take a 29'er out for a ride at Harkerville last weekend. The ride ended with me informing the GF that our food budget is being cut for a while so I can save money for a big wheeler!! :drool:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very very nice! this weekend its maiden race ?

i know why you post only photo of the front.... :) well see enough of the back in the 2011 season right

This weekend indeed but I'm not joining you at the Mitsu race - I'm doing an offroad duathlon at Roodeplaat Dam.

It concerns me that you can still see the back - it means you're breathing down my neck like the Fast One. I want you so far behind you can't see the back ;)

@caad - I mow about a quarter of the property - the rest I leave wild - it attracts awesome bird life (and allows me activities other than movwing!!!).

I'll sit here and pretend not to be jealous!! <_<

Had the opportunity to take a 29'er out for a ride at Harkerville last weekend. The ride ended with me informing the GF that our food budget is being cut for a while so I can save money for a big wheeler!! :drool:

There are only two types of 29er people...those that love them and those that haven't ridden them :D

This weekend indeed but I'm not joining you at the Mitsu race - I'm doing an offroad duathlon at Roodeplaat Dam.

It concerns me that you can still see the back - it means you're breathing down my neck like the Fast One. I want you so far behind you can't see the back ;)

@caad - I mow about a quarter of the property - the rest I leave wild - it attracts awesome bird life (and allows me activities other than movwing!!!).

also doing the mtb leg at the duathlon/triathlon...ill be on the lookout for that beaut!

;) i didnt see your back - what concerns me is that you just up'ed your equipment...mmm. where is my peds.

enjoy him!

Eldron, I took home a Giant 29er the other day - the budget version :blush:, so not as nice as yours. It had similarly-wide flat handlebars on it, but I felt I wasn't in total control of the bike. Swopped them out for a wider riser and felt better straight away. Any thoughts on this?

The lesser spotted tuin slang ;)

If you are interested in wildlife though - check out the white rabbit top right in the first photo...

:lol: :clap: :lol:

Saw the rabbit. But rabbits don't attract as much attention as snakes here. ;)

Bwahaha , (for those who read most posts on the hub they will get the humor).

Bwahaha , (for those who read most posts on the hub they will get the humor).

But think they'd be too much humour if it was about a spade and a fluffy bunny though :o

But think they'd be too much humour if it was about a spade and a fluffy bunny though :o

Too true!

Sorry Eldron , we killing your Awesome new bike post . :rolleyes:

Eldron, I took home a Giant 29er the other day - the budget version :blush:, so not as nice as yours. It had similarly-wide flat handlebars on it, but I felt I wasn't in total control of the bike. Swopped them out for a wider riser and felt better straight away. Any thoughts on this?

I haven't really messed with bars width/riser much so can't comment on that but I have found that stem length is really important. 2 or 3cm less when moving from 26 to 29 makes you feel more in control.

I have some Ritchey risers at home perhaps I'll experiment....but then again I love riding on my bars ends in the "roadie tuck" position and we all know that risers and bar ends are a one way ticket to fashion hell :D

They would if I chopped one's head off with a spade!!!!!!

I haven't really messed with bars width/riser much so can't comment on that but I have found that stem length is really important. 2 or 3cm less when moving from 26 to 29 makes you feel more in control.

Yeah, I swopped out the 100mm stem for a 60mm and flipped it to a negative angle and put the spacers on top.

I have some Ritchey risers at home perhaps I'll experiment....but then again I love riding on my bars ends in the "roadie tuck" position and we all know that risers and bar ends are a one way ticket to fashion hell :D

There's the rub…I'm built for comfort not speed! :lol:

Loving my 9er… :thumbup:

Beaut bike.

Must confess to looking at th lawn as much as the bike.

I've just moved into a house for the first time.

405 sqm of lush green hell that I have to deal with every saturday. saw your lawn and thought someone has a lot more than me, i wonder if they suffer as much.