Shocking Service from Trek/Just Fun

mornedn

HI All

I will be getting my new frame/bike tomorrow. BIG THANKS to Andrew Mclean and Fourways cycle Lab. Andrew Mclean managed to get everything sorted in 2 days. He kept me updated and the everything seems to be resolved now. What he did in 2 days, other could not do in 2 weeks.

BIG THANK YOU to Andrew Mclean!!! :clap: :clap:

I was doing the MTB Baberton race and with 5km to go I broke the EVO link on my Trek Top Fuel 9. Now almost 2 weeks down the line and I stil don't have a bike. Trek/Just Fun is on no hurry to get this claim processed. All they keep telling me is that they will make a plan, but I don't see any plan nor a new frame. The service in pathetic.

I would just like to say that I think the service and turnaround time on claims are completely unacceptable. We as riders can’t wait 2 – 4 weeks for claims. I have MTN Clarens, in just over a week and the MTN Sabie at the end of Feb. 2011, but can’t do any training because I don’t have a bike. This is also now having a impact on my joBerg2C training.

Even an insurance claim would have been resolved by now…

Then I have also been waiting for more than 2 months for a freebody for my bontrager wheels. I was told you don’t have stock. Again unacceptable! These bikes with the bontrager parts are extremely expensive, but I bought it because I was told that it’s the best quality. I’m starting to think that this is not the case. I had similar issues with my Fuel EX 8 wheels and now I have frame and wheel issues. I would like to stay loyal to Trek, but my experience over the past 3 months have not been good.

Shocking Service!!!

post-9296-0-62034700-1297340463.jpg

Edited by mornedn

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, tough luck. I hope yo uget sorted out quickly.Now they have to redesign the sticker to say "Two Piece design.."

.......get the shop to strip the part of one of their bikes.........

It's not just the link... It's the frame too...

And Cycle Lab don't have any Top Fuel's in stock!!

Seems like really poor service from the manufacturer for what I believe is a pricey bike.

You would think that buying a reputable brand would give you peace of mind...

Edited by Mojoman

Cycle lab have never impressed me.

Very unfriendly, always uninterested to help, like I"m being a bother to them.

Also charge an arm and a leg.

I had a simular problem about a year and a half ago. My Trek 9.9 top fuel broken on the carbon weld the holds the rear shock onto the frame (before the EVO connection)and sent me flying over the bars at 30kms an hour. The bike was sent back to Trek USA via Cycle Lab and Trek acknowledge it to be a factory fault and that was abour 2 weeks later - I waited about another month for the warantee frame from to come from the USA. I was given the new then 2009 frame which was a bonus but the whole exercise took about 6 weeks. Happy waiting

Seems like really poor service from the manufacturer for what I believe is a pricey bike.

You would think that buying a reputable brand would give you peace of mind...

Yes, I agree!! It's just shocking!! Really pathetic serice!!

Wow I just had a call from Trek/Just Fun…. Guess what, they want to replace the broken link. So they expect me to ride with a damaged frame and potentially break my neck for a second time. This is ridicules. Does anyone know of a contact or someone I can speak to??

I have never experienced shocking service like this before in my life.

NEVER BUY TREK!!!!

How many Cycle Labs are there country wide? Not a single store have stock of this frame?

Good Luck, hope the scum bags sort you out proper.

Wow I just had a call from Trek/Just Fun…. Guess what, they want to replace the broken link. So they expect me to ride with a damaged frame and potentially break my neck for a second time. This is ridicules. Does anyone know of a contact or someone I can speak to??

NEVER BUY TREK!!!!

Speak to Ricky Treger he is a good guy and should sort you out.

NEVER BUY TREK!!!!

Flip and i bought my EX7 from Cycle lab Dbn...drat... :unsure:

I have a Trek Fuel EX9, and for me a Trek is like and Alfa Romeo when everything is running the way it should you wonder way more people dont have one, and when things go wrong you quickly understand why they dont.

I had a similar experince with the agents, when I wanted to change the standard XT crankset that comes on the EX9 to a Noir Crank and I needed the Sram BB90 kit, they said they didnts have and there were none in the country- I called CWC and got on Two days later.