What to do when a dodgy character cycles past you on a 50K bike

Bike Lore

43 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do?

• You adopt the attitude of N.M.P(Not My Problem) and ignore it
    • You follow him from a distance and attempt to call the cops while you tail him
    • Chase him down and tell him to stop and then you grab his front brake HARD at 40km/h.... and return the bike to the race....

but really what do you do? no helmet, no shoos on a clip on bike. heading away from a race area.

My good 'friend' Hannes!!! :angry: -G

If he has bought a Specialized Carbon roadbike he probably can't afford SHOOS/SHOOZ/SHUUZ ! or any other kit.

Please give up while you are a-head.

Before you give the 'xplosive ONE' a coronary!

Thanks.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's dodgy....didn't know dogs could cycle let alone wear clothes and shoes (bar a few tea cup pooches) :D :D

Right so you are cycling to Jonkershoek on a Saturday morning and a very doggy character heads your way. he is cycling a full carbon hard tail with a race number. He is wearing a worn t-shirt, slops and pants that has not seen a wash sins the previous owner gave him the pants.

c'mon dude, jonkers is easy to aprehend, there's only one road in. i think there is a good chance that the bike might have been a singlespeed as well, did you get a race number?

It's obvious the bike is stolen right? So do whatever you would want someone else to do if it was your bike that just got stolen. He shouldn't be able to outride you I hope. Easy.

ask the oke to stop, and if you could have a look at his ride, im sure you can tell quick enough if its his or not from his reaction. if he seems to know nothing about the bike knock the sh:)t out of him, hold the bike and him till the cops arrive :thumbup:

N.M.P - but if there was a race in the vivinity I would alert them (if they cared). I'm no hero and its not my fault if the other bike is not insured.

Its not about letting crime get the upper hand, its just my life is not worth trying to be the hero.

SteveCT already said what I was thinking - if it was a singlespeed, I would think twice about judging the dude on his appearance.... Torn pants and plakkies sounds about right?

:P

[Exits - closes door behind him]!

Hannes Hannes Hannes..

All I can say is that if I had my bike stolen over the weekend from a race and come Monday someone posted on thehub they saw an oke that looked like 99.999% the likely culprit that stole it and did nothing I'd find you and give you a serious snotklap.

I've had enough of this PC BS, if the oke looks suspicious, confront him. Be aggressive, assume guilt till proven innocent. Screw it, take the bike and tell him you're taking it to the police station and he can fetch it there upon proof of ownership. If he wants to pull a Julias and make you out to be a racist on the outside chance that he's innocent, I'd be happy to pay for your therapy to heal the emotional scars.

Evil persists when good men do nothing..

It is easy to be brave behind the keyboard, but man I get angry at these posts, at least make an effort

@ChickenRun4Me I'd be pretty upset if you tried to pull this k*k with me! And yes I do look like a dodgy oke and yes I do ride a bike that it looks like I shouldn't.

Right so you are cycling to Jonkershoek on a Saturday morning and a pro cyclist heads your way. He is cycling a cast iron Pick & Pay bike with a bell. He is wearing the latest Giordana kit, Rudy project Helmet and Time shoes that have not even been released in SA.

What do you do ???

I chased after him, took the bike away, had him arrested and made sure the nearest dodgy looking dude got his bike back

@ChickenRun4Me I'd be pretty upset if you tried to pull this k*k with me! And yes I do look like a dodgy oke and yes I do ride a bike that it looks like I shouldn't.

And I'd feel like a propper **** trying it and coming off in the wrong, but hey, afterwards I'd know at least my slate is clean and I'm sure you'll get over it much quicker than an oke who lost his bike.

Just saying..