the all mountain bike - myth or reality?

Redline

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot the AM frame......yes it is mine. :clap: :clap:

I HATE YOU :(

Its like youve just ordered everything Ive ever wanted at once :drool:

Alrighty - date for Nitida DS - next Sunday good for everyone??

why not this sunday??? :(

anyway, pencil me in :clap:

why not this sunday??? :(

anyway, pencil me in :clap:

i was hoping to do it in the morning but you're shuttling on sunday, aren't you? and didn't moretrails say he's only available next weekend?

There's more to an AM bike then just long suspension and a dropped seat. What about head angles. I would never try rough patches with the steep head angles of a XC bike.

Yes! That's it's important to ride before you buy and to make sure you buy for what you ride. For quite some "AM" bikes were just longer travel versions of their xc/trail brothers.

Sorry to say, but the Reign (the X goes a LONG way towards fixing that) suffers from this. So too does a GT or two. The holy grail of AM frames has to be Nomad (Carbon or Alu), Ibis Mojo HD (HD140 or SL-R will do as well for most guys) and the Sukuma (blind faith!) or Mbuzi. Although the the Mbuzi has also disappeared from the 2011 line-up...roll on 2012!

Funny no one has mentioned Turner so far...

Edited by Cycle Factory Store

i was hoping to do it in the morning but you're shuttling on sunday, aren't you? and didn't moretrails say he's only available next weekend?

Ill have to miss it this time around. been diaganiosed with a mild case on Pneumonia so been told no riding for 4 weeks at least and then go back to doc :thumbdown:

jeepers leet: take care and heal up quick!

Wes: no problem. Next weekend is fine. just hope the weather plays along.

So Cycle Factory Store: of those holy grails, which ones you sell? :P

jeepers leet: take care and heal up quick!

Wes: no problem. Next weekend is fine. just hope the weather plays along.

maybe i should join in for sunday's shuttle, though i heard numbers are limited?

afaik, it was limited to 7, and contermans announced no more slots for shuttles or events, sat or sun..:o

Edited by Capricorn

When u talk about shuttle u talking about taking ppl up to the top for a DH run? :unsure:

yep, shuttles, the next best thing to a chairlift <--- if only..

pickups, pickups + trailers, go-ped if DHK has his way ;)

Yo Dudes, keen for a show, shine, ride, beer drink and *** praat. I have some mates with AM bikes as well so I will convince them to buy beer and bring their bikes as well...

Wes, frow me wiff a mail and let me know the details! Sweet

Santa Cruz and Giant. Also stock and sell Silverback, Merida, Felt and Ghost but none of those do AM rigs

some "AM" bikes were just longer travel versions of their xc/trail brothers.

This is very true! But many of them are designed that way specifically as well! You take the GT Force for example - similar geometry as the XC orientated Sensor but with longer travel (69deg head angle vs 69.5 on the sensor) ... (345mm BB height vs 333mm). Compare this to the Sanction which has a 66deg head angle, and a 354mm BB height and that model becomes the proper AM bike whilst the Force becomes a long travel Marathon bike that can climb and descend.

Sorry guys, won't be making this ... seems like the new baby will be coming out of ICU on Saturday or Sunday and will then be allowed to come home. Hopefully!