Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

The Spanish Prime Minister is now giving his opinion.

Spanish prime minister backs Contador's claim of innocence - Cyclingnews.com

I bet Fumiyuki Beppu wishes he was Spanish!

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet Fumiyuki Beppu wishes he was Spanish the best tour rider of his generation!

Fixed.

Heres hoping it happens for him, want to see hi at the Tour this year, will make it really exciting to watch. :clap:

I'm not a Contador fan, but this positive doping result is a non event really. This years TdF will be awesome should he participate. His defence actually made sense and I tend to agree with them, assuming that their facts are indeed true. But alas, level headed, pragmatic approches do not exist in pro cycling. The scientists seem to agree on THIS case.

Edited by Mackie

Correct me if I am wrong, but UCI will ultimately decide whether he will be able to race at the TDF. :unsure:

He should be banned for 2 years, other riders with the same readings have been banned for 2 years ??

Viva Andy Schleck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He should be banned for 2 years, other riders with the same readings have been banned for 2 years ??

Viva Andy Schleck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The chinese Radio shack rider Li was suspended for 2 years. His defence was the same as contadors that he obtained it through eating red meat.

my point exactly, just cause there is a rider that can beat Lance's record the French are making sure it will happen... well that's at least my conspiracy theory :)

I wonder how Michael Pepper feels??

He admitted guilt, and told what products he was using. D'ffrent strokes...

He admitted guilt, and told what products he was using. D'ffrent strokes...

. . .and the moral to this story? Lie and get 2 years. . . . ..come clean and get 3 for your troubles!

Unless I'm missing something?

Some points:

*The low level of Clenbuterol is because the drug was in his blood bag he took on the rest day. He probably used the drug during training to lose weight, but the doping lab used last year by Astana was less alert than in 2009. He is a doper, got tested for a banned substance, and should be banned.

*Landis probably got busted in the same way - traces of testosterone in his blood bag. All his appeals achieved nothing - even though he had a strong argument against the positive. (He would have done better to file a civil suite agains US cycling rather than go to CAS)

*If Conto gets banned, another blood doper get credited with the 2010 win, same as was the case with Landis.

*A blood doper will win in 2011, too. Clean riders can't compete over 3 weeks against those topping up.

Some points:

*The low level of Clenbuterol is because the drug was in his blood bag he took on the rest day. He probably used the drug during training to lose weight, but the doping lab used last year by Astana was less alert than in 2009. He is a doper, got tested for a banned substance, and should be banned.

*Landis probably got busted in the same way - traces of testosterone in his blood bag. All his appeals achieved nothing - even though he had a strong argument against the positive. (He would have done better to file a civil suite agains US cycling rather than go to CAS)

*If Conto gets banned, another blood doper get credited with the 2010 win, same as was the case with Landis.

*A blood doper will win in 2011, too. Clean riders can't compete over 3 weeks against those topping up.

Good points! Every one of the main GC contenders and half the pelaton are jacked on something so its just the way it is. Conti had back luck getting caught(or Lance tipped the guys off....) I'm not condoning doping but that's ALL pro sport. Always has been always will be.