Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

He no doubt feels he's won everything on a level playing field

Ah but does he? Many before him has sworn that they were innocent, only to 'come out' later and admit that they cheated!

What else is he going to say: Oh bugger I got caught - if only my doctor had a lab as good as the one that found the clenbuterol, we'd have waited a few more days before we 'harvested' the blood, and I didn't know they had a test to detect the placistiser.

Never mind, I guess I was just unlucky - My career in cycling is finished, but I've earned good money, and I'll just take up cattle farming!

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah but does he? Many before him has sworn that they were innocent, only to 'come out' later and admit that they cheated!

What else is he going to say: Oh bugger I got caught - if only my doctor had a lab as good as the one that found the clenbuterol, we'd have waited a few more days before we 'harvested' the blood, and I didn't know they had a test to detect the placistiser.

Never mind, I guess I was just unlucky - My career in cycling is finished, but I've earned good money, and I'll just take up cattle farming!

Dos'nt luke just mean "He would feel Yes he was doped, but so was everyone else, so in essence he justifies it in his mind as a level playing field?."

Not sure, thats just the way I took it.

AB, I found the interview pretty interesting. What part was bitter? It was never going to be a tale of sporting glory and happy endings.. did you expect something uplifting? Covering our eyes because it doesn't fit some fairytale about cycling that people prefer to swallow isn't going to help the sport.

I heard his story and understand the essence of his message.

It is enough for me.

Not denying the complexities of the sport at all.

Watching with great interest. ;)

Dos'nt luke just mean "He would feel Yes he was doped, but so was everyone else, so in essence he justifies it in his mind as a level playing field?."

Not sure, thats just the way I took it.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Landis explains his 2006 victory in those terms and he's still proud of how he rode at that tour.

From cyclingnews.com:

Alberto Contador has submitted a formal appeal against the one-year suspension issued by the Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC), claiming that he was not responsible or negligent, and insisting his positives test were caused by contaminated meat.

According to the La Vanguardia newspaper, traces of Clenbuterol were found in four of Contador’s urine samples during the final week of the Tour de France. However because of the close proximity of the samples, they are considered as one adverse analytical finding or positive test under UCI regulation clause 309.

Contador’s appeal insists that he should be judged under clause 296, which allows for suspension to be eliminated even in the case of a positive test, and not under rule 297 that only allows a 50 per cent reduction. Contador claims that the meat he ate on the second rest day of the Tour de France is the only plausible reason for his positive test for Clenbuterol. He claims he was not negligent by eating meat that is supposed to be carefully controlled by the European Union.

“With the documentation submitted and the two new items we've introduced there is hope that things will change,” Contador told Radio Nacional de España, according to the Marca newspaper.

So without me having to read all 32 pages of this thread, if he fails in his appeal, does the 1 year stand or will it be extended to a full 2 years?

So without me having to read all 32 pages of this thread, if he fails in his appeal, does the 1 year stand or will it be extended to a full 2 years?

If he fails, the 1 year will stand, until UCI appeals to get it upped to 2 or 4 years. McQuaid wont stand for a lenient 1 year ban.

If he fails, the 1 year will stand, until UCI appeals to get it upped to 2 or 4 years. McQuaid wont stand for a lenient 1 year ban.

Unless of course he makes a "donation", but maybe he should have thought of that earlier.

Unless of course he makes a "donation", but maybe he should have thought of that earlier.

Wont work. Remember, McQuaid said the UCI has never been and will never be corrupt... I think he went to the same school as comrade julius.

From cyclingnews.com:

Alberto Contador has submitted a formal appeal against the one-year suspension issued by the Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC), claiming that he was not responsible or negligent, and insisting his positives test were caused by contaminated meat.

According to the La Vanguardia newspaper, traces of Clenbuterol were found in four of Contador’s urine samples during the final week of the Tour de France. However because of the close proximity of the samples, they are considered as one adverse analytical finding or positive test under UCI regulation clause 309.

Contador’s appeal insists that he should be judged under clause 296, which allows for suspension to be eliminated even in the case of a positive test, and not under rule 297 that only allows a 50 per cent reduction. Contador claims that the meat he ate on the second rest day of the Tour de France is the only plausible reason for his positive test for Clenbuterol. He claims he was not negligent by eating meat that is supposed to be carefully controlled by the European Union.

“With the documentation submitted and the two new items we've introduced there is hope that things will change,” Contador told Radio Nacional de España, according to the Marca newspaper.

Sure El Pistolé...you ate a bad t-bone, but why did you have plasticizer sauce all over it?

Wont work. Remember, McQuaid said the UCI has never been and will never be corrupt... I think he went to the same school as comrade julius.

well then Contador must also be a "bloody agent" - thats pretty cool cos he's on the hub :D

I am thinking of doing a blood transfer for the 99 ner on Saturday, any one in the elites have a pint or two to spare :D

I am thinking of doing a blood transfer for the 99 ner on Saturday, any one in the elites have a pint or two to spare :D

Bring out the chilled ginger beer and pop corn...

:huh:

“It’s true. Alberto has not had any kind of beef since he tested positive,” Contador spokesman Jacinto Vidarte told VeloNews. “He says he won’t eat beef again in his sporting career, because he doesn’t want to risk another positive. He does eat pork and chicken, but he hasn’t eaten beef since August.”