Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

Cycling authorities have been turning a blind eye for years, often for an envelope passed under the table or, ironically, a contribution to the anti-doping fund. Not sure why so many people want them to be anything else now?

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're all a bunch of frauds, the entire lot, all the way to the UCI. I'll not watch Tour de France or any of the other druggy events.

Until the UCI and other authorities come up with an effective, reliable, consistent, etc. system for engaging doping and alleged doping,

I welcome AC back for now. And riders like him.

Many riders are at the receiving end of limited leadership within the organisations of cycling.

• 2 weeks later...

http://cdn2.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2011/03/06/2/contador_8__600.jpg

Spaniard confirms he will ride Fleche Wallone

Alberto Contador (Saxo Bank-SunGard) continues his Giro d’Italia preparation with the seven-day Volta a Catalunya, which gets under way in Lloret del Mar on Monday.

The Spaniard was recently cleared by his national federation after testing positive for Clenbuterol at the 2010 Tour de France, although it is thought that the UCI will appeal that verdict to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. In the meantime, Contador is free to compete, and he won the Vuelta a Murcia on his last outing. He is determined to put on another show in front of his home fans in Catalonia.

“I arrive with motivation,” Contador said. “I like to compete, but I haven’t done so since the Vuelta a Murcia 15 days ago. I did some good training, but mainly base training as I was thinking more in the long-term, towards the Giro d’Italia.”

Only happy to see him back for the sake of not having a one sided TDF. Other than that, still cant stand the guy

Edited by Jaco-fiets

AC is in a good 23 sec lead for the final stage of Tour de Catalunya...

He is burning tarmac with good support from his Saxobank team.

Glad the guy is back and kicking butt.... the doping saga will go on to the ends of time. There will always be something that is scientifically formulated to assist in recovery or weight loss before, during and after a race.

Here is an idea, what if all teams were given a scientifically formulated recovery supplement that is UCI and WADA approved - no heavy drugs but a supplement that conforms to WADA regs and gives back the necessary nutrients the body needs.... an idea or not..?

I just think it is humanly impossible for these guys to ride at the top of their game almost all year round and their bodies must just cope..... not gonna happen.

Hmmmm, I'll bet he is riding clean and been tested to death at the moment.........still winning races though.!!

Makes you think dos'nt it.? :D

Hmmmm, I'll bet he is riding clean and been tested to death at the moment.........still winning races though.!!

Makes you think dos'nt it.? :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He is being tested as often as he was when he was leading and winning the tour, giro, vuelta over the last 3 years.

They're all a bunch of frauds, the entire lot, all the way to the UCI. I'll not watch Tour de France or any of the other druggy events.

I used to believe the sport was relatively clean and that only a handful of apples were in the cart, but I must be honest, of late I am starting to share your sentiments.

Where are the days when guys like Joseba Beloki crashed out of the tour because they pushed the limits on their bikes, instead of being banned out of the tours :(

He is being tested as often as he was when he was leading and winning the tour, giro, vuelta over the last 3 years.

Just one slip up in his Doping Regime over the last 3 years then?

:D - Yeah, who knows.....personally I dont really care, doping issues do'nt really interest me, I watch the sport for the "spectacle" and to be honest I believe he provides great entertainment.