Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

Schlecks chain dropped after Contador overtook him already on the attack....so tough luck!

btw....I am a fan of Schleck and Contador...both phenominal riders!

Not quite, Contador said afterwards he did not know that Andys chain had come off but they replayed in slow motion as Contador passed him and it showed Contador looking at the chain. Perfectly legit to have powered on but he plainly lied as the video showed.

Edited by scotty

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Schlecks chain dropped after Contador overtook him already on the attack....so tough luck! Contador beat him and Schleck lost...you wont see a F1 driver in 2nd place waiting for the 1st guy after the 1st guy crashed..you don't see no.2 in the Dakar waiting for no.1 cause no.1 got a flat.....no you go for a win! So next time tell Schlecks mechanic to do a better job at fine tuning his gears....

btw....I am a fan of Schleck and Contador...both phenominal riders!

Yes, that is the shame, we were all great fans of Conti at the start of the tour - but he left a bad taste as we got to know him better. Obviously he is a great cyclist - and one will always wonder if that (most) doping really made that much difference considering his talent.

Same with Floyd - remember how impressed and supportive we were after his magic stage - only to be let down and now there is no end to the bad taste he still revives

Well when I watched on tv I didn't pause...rewind...play...I just watched the race, and for me it looked like he was already overtaking him...but this debate can go on forever...if Schleck got a flat would everyone have waited? its still a technical problem...or his chain snapped? Respect among riders yes, being unlucky sucks!

Yes, that is the shame, we were all great fans of Conti at the start of the tour - but he left a bad taste as we got to know him better. Obviously he is a great cyclist - and one will always wonder if that (most) doping really made that much difference considering his talent.

Same with Floyd - remember how impressed and supportive we were after his magic stage - only to be let down and now there is no end to the bad taste he still revives

So, only floyd and conti doped? the rest of the peloton is clean?

I am with you, hey serious doubts, those guys perform at a level that is almost impossible to fathom.

I remember there being a list of names taht have been associated with doping and going through that list was like so shocking and sad but most of the big names have had their names associated with doping at one time or another.

Will try and find the list.

Yes. Except for that mtb dude. And that Italian chick. And Moses.

* Lance Armstrong tested positive for corticoids during the 1999 Tour de France. The small amounts of corticoids in a urine sample were explained by the prescription for skin cream (saddle sores / boil / allergy) that he subsequently presented to the UCI, thus he was cleared of any offence.[177]

Lets buy some of that cream and test it...just weird how skin cream ends up in your urine system?

Edited by MTB_Roadie

I still dont see where all the animoisty comes from against him? He does not appear to be arrogant or the like? what am I missing beside his dubious diet? :blush:

He's arrogant in his own quite way, but for me he is just sooo boring.

He's arrogant in his own quite way, but for me he is just sooo boring.

Have to admit though that he has talent, strong Time trial and strong climber, it just seems that he has/had a great future in terms of racking up the titles, perhaps even challenging Lance for 7 in a row, sad that he may be out because of doping, a huge let down.

Have to admit though that he has talent, strong Time trial and strong climber, it just seems that he has/had a great future in terms of racking up the titles, perhaps even challenging Lance for 7 in a row, sad that he may be out because of doping, a huge let down.

No doubts he has what it takes.

Not sure if he will ever have a book or 10 written about him tho...

No doubts he has what it takes.

Not sure if he will ever have a book or 10 written about him tho...

how many books were written about Hitler? "Number of books written about someone" is a very strange way of measuring success...