Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

Candopemore... ag ya. If he competes in the Tour it will really shows what clowns the cycling control bodies are. :thumbdown:

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First LA and AC on the same team, Now Andy and AC?

Andy and Frank rides for Leopard-Trek.

Andy and Frank rides for Leopard-Trek.

That is my understanding, but when did AS and AC rode for Saxo Bank? Or I missed somthing

If he wasn't there, what would Hubbers have to whinge about? Wait, forget I said that ...

Actually, I like AC. He adds a bit of flavour to an otherwise fairly pasty dish; like Wimbledon with McEnroe.

He is probably hedging his bets, I think they are concerned he may not get an invite to ride in the tour, so he would at least have one grand tour win under his belt for 2011.

Personally I think its great, I could care less about doping issues, I am here to watch him steamtrain up those insane mountains and take on the best in the TT.

As a confirmed mountain goat the Giro is right up his ally, and he is correct, the passion along the road at the Giro is unequalled anywhere else.

Alberto Contador will be back in action at the three-day Vuelta a Murcia on Friday, but the he is also preparing for a possible appeal at the Court of Abitration and has hired high-profile Belgian lawyer Jean-Louis Dupont.

Dupont has assisted many sports stars and national and international federations over the years. In 1995 he represented football player Jean-Marc Bosman, a case which led to allowed players to transfer for free at the end of their contracts.

He was also Tom Boonen's defense lawyer in 2009 when the Quick Step rider successfully took on the decisison of the Tour de France organisers after they tried to stop him riding following his out of competition tests for cocaine.

Contador tested positive for traces of Clenbuterol at last year's Tour de France. The Spaniard has been cleared by his national federation, but the UCI and WADA may appeal that decision.

He is probably hedging his bets, I think they are concerned he may not get an invite to ride in the tour, so he would at least have one grand tour win under his belt for 2011.

Personally I think its great, I could care less about doping issues, I am here to watch him steamtrain up those insane mountains and take on the best in the TT.

As a confirmed mountain goat the Giro is right up his ally, and he is correct, the passion along the road at the Giro is unequalled anywhere else.

:clap:

Giro Baby, Giro all the way.. To me, its about the solo breaks, the hope of staying away, the guts and the glory.

The Giro seems to be where the soul is at, the TDF has so much spotlight on it I fear its become a bit Bland and lacks soul. I meen I'll watch it, But I fell in love with Road cycling because of the Giro.

I hope We see a Clean Contador, racing like" the Kid" of old, He needs to win our hearts back, because with or without the doping scandals, His last tour vs Shmuck was quite boring and he proved the only thing he does better than Andy was shift.

http://cdn2.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2011/03/04/2/foto_16_600.jpg

Spaniard avoids crash near end of final stage

Alberto Contador had a tough day at the 179km opening stage of the Vuelta Ciclista a la Region de Murcia on Friday. Riders started in San Pedro del Pinatar and finished in Alhama de Murcia.

"It was a hard and dangerous day," said the Spaniard. Racers faced cold and rainy conditions.

Saxo Bank Sungard's Contador finished the first stage in 14th place, two seconds behind the winner, sprinter Michael Matthews (Rabobank).

The conditions made for treacherous conditions near the end of the stage, especially on the descent after the final climb. There was a crash in the last kilometre, but it was without consequences for Contador or his Saxo Bank-Sungard teammates.

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2011/03/BERT-WINS-660x522.jpg

Alberto Contador didn’t use his trademark pistol-shot victory salute after winning Saturday’s mountain stage, but instead shot his first into the air in an emotional revenge victory.

Contador won for the first time since he tested positive for traces of clenbuterol in last year’s Tour de France with a late-race surge that also put him into the leader’s jersey going into Sunday’s time trial finale in Murcia.

Contador jumped with 400 meters to go to win five seconds ahead of Denis Menchov (Geox-TMC) and Jerome Coppel (Saur-Sojasun), with Fabio Duarte (Geox-TMC) trailing across the line fourth at 25 seconds adrift.

“I cannot put into words to describe what I have been through these past few months,” Contador said. “This victory means a lot to me, especially after all what I’ve been through. The public really cheered me on these days, but it’s never easy to win. I am proud to win here today.”

Contador slipped into a leader’s jersey for the first time since he wore the yellow jersey on the Champs-Élysées in Paris in July, but he admitted it won’t be easy to fend off Menchov and Coppel in Sunday’s 12.4km individual time trial in Murcia. Contador leads Menchov by three seconds and Coppel by five.

Alberto Contador (Saxo Bank) won the concluding time trial stage of the Vuelta a Murcia to seal overall victory in the three-day stage race. He put 8 seconds into young French talent Jerome Coppel (Saur-Sojasun) over the 12.4km course, while Denis Menchov was a further four seconds back in third.

The previous day Contador had demonstrated that his climbing legs were still in working order after a winter spent battling to avoid sanction for the positive test for Clenbuterol he returned at last year’s Tour de France, and on Sunday he showed that his proficiency against the watch also remains largely intact.

The Spaniard was still some way short of his best form, but he nonetheless scorched around the course at an average speed of 52.518kph, and did enough both to maintain his overall lead ahead of Coppel and take the stage win.

http://cdn3.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net//2011/03/06/2/contador_600.jpg

Great to see him come back....

Hope he gets stronger and stonger so we can see great TDF ;)