Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few weeks back more than half the Mexico National Soccer team were found with high levels of clenbuterol and suspended.

There excuse......they ate tainted steak :o

I say let him off, the amount and credibility of it's enhancement seems to be questionable.

Do I like him-no.

Do I like his smugness-no.

Do I think he is a great cyclist-yes, but I think he has hit his absolute peak.

Do I think dear Andy can reach a higher level still-yes.

So in short, let the steak saga be forgotten so we can get on with a spectacular tour.

I didn't check the link, so I'm not sure what it is about. My question about this whole Saga is that Contador was found with a performance enhancing drug in his blood. He claims that he got it from eating contaminated meat.

It was also said that the amount in his blood was so minute, in fact it was way below the minimum level.

If it was below the minimum level (and this has never been disputed), why are they trying so hard to find this guy guilty? Why do they even have a minimum level, if they totally ignor it when trying to sanction him.

Your body does not manufacture it naturally, so any level, no matter how small means artificial introduction into the body..... :blink:

I say let him off, the amount and credibility of it's enhancement seems to be questionable.

Do I like him-no.

Do I like his smugness-no.

Do I think he is a great cyclist-yes, but I think he has hit his absolute peak.

Do I think dear Andy can reach a higher level still-yes.

So in short, let the steak saga be forgotten so we can get on with a spectacular tour.

Dangle, I think the problem with letting him off is the precedent it sets.

Everyone will be able to get away with trace amounts of clenbuterol in their system, whether they had a dodgy steak, or perhaps like the Mexican soccer team, they ate too many burritos and were looking to shed some poundage :P

I don't see how they can let AC off, even if WADA does decide to implement a threshold. The rule would not be retroactive, AC would be judged based on the rules at the time of being caught.

A revision to the rules probably wouldn't even come in before Bert's case is heard by CAS as it has to jump through all the hoops at WADA first.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

Dangle, I think the problem with letting him off is the precedent it sets.

Everyone will be able to get away with trace amounts of clenbuterol in their system, whether they had a dodgy steak, or perhaps like the Mexican soccer team, they ate too many burritos and were looking to shed some poundage :P

I don't see how they can let AC off, even if WADA does decide to implement a threshold. The rule would not be retroactive, AC would be judged based on the rules at the time of being caught.

A revision to the rules probably wouldn't even come in before Bert's case is heard by CAS as it has to jump through all the hoops at WADA first.

In hear you and I agree one has to lay down the rules, but it could be challenged that WADA should have a standard at which point they feel the level his high enough to prosecute, much like a breathalyzer test.

Your body does not manufacture it naturally, so any level, no matter how small means artificial introduction into the body..... :blink:

Exagily, and to push the point further....how many athletes / people have tested positive for Clen while residing only in the EU?

Forget China, Mexico etc.... Contador was not there and did not eat meat from there.

Exagily, and to push the point further....how many athletes / people have tested positive for Clen while residing only in the EU?

Forget China, Mexico etc.... Contador was not there and did not eat meat from there.

Must be a Spanish thing to bulk up there cows :D

In hear you and I agree one has to lay down the rules, but it could be challenged that WADA should have a standard at which point they feel the level his high enough to prosecute, much like a breathalyzer test.

Off-topic, but I see that Drager test they've been using is SA is under question now.

I don't think CAS will debate the fairness of WADA's rules. As I understand it their job is to hear the case based on the rules at the time of the infraction.

Of course I'm speaking here in terms of the legalities of the case, based on what I've read.

I know most people here and elsewhere just want to see Bert race at this stage, myself included.

The case has been dragged out for so long that everybody not employed by WADA is pretty bored with it by now. I'm sure that was always the intention.

I agree with Dangle , lets just move on

Agreed, time tends to dilute events.

The poephols in charge had their chance and [malechicken]ed it up, now almost a year later it's still being procrastinated about.

I don't think CAS will debate the fairness of WADA's rules. As I understand it their job is to hear the case based on the rules at the time of the infraction.

Of course I'm speaking here in terms of the legalities of the case, based on what I've read.

I know most people here and elsewhere just want to see Bert race at this stage, myself included.

The case has been dragged out for so long that everybody not employed by WADA is pretty bored with it by now. I'm sure that was always the intention.

Even McQuaid has done some back-pedaling on how this has been handled.

A decision that would be for the best for the sport? I'm shocked. You very well the political morons in charge of the WADA and UCI will never sit by and watch the sport being run properly.