Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of sympathy for Contador, Li Fuyu was busted for the same substance and was booted out. Dare i suggest little sympathy because he was a Radioshack rider.

Lots of sympathy for Contador, Li Fuyu was busted for the same substance and was booted out. Dare i suggest little sympathy because he was a Radioshack rider.

But now all this sympathy had me thinking.

Yes he had Clenbuterol in his filthy blood and yes plasicisers too.

Now seeing the little Cont@thedoor is way too petite to consume that amount of meat to get in to his system, I reckon this is how it went down.

He shagged a Spanish cow and and ultimately ended up with the placsticisers from excessive effie rub.

For that alone, he needs to go down, unless of course there is a real acceptable explanation out there.

But now all this sympathy had me thinking.

Yes he had Clenbuterol in his filthy blood and yes plasicisers too.

Now seeing the little Cont@thedoor is way too petite to consume that amount of meat to get in to his system, I reckon this is how it went down.

He shagged a Spanish cow and and ultimately ended up with the placsticisers from excessive effie rub.

For that alone, he needs to go down, unless of course there is a real acceptable explanation out there.

Coffee on my keyboard.

There's a story the tabloids could milk...

Naa, dont think so Scotty, Li Fuyu was hardly a prolific winner......anywhere, let alone in the showcase grand tours, and who knows, maybe he was just an obnoxious git that nobody liked anyway. :)

Anyway, I obviously have never met 'Berto, but he appears well liked in the peleton and by the general managers etc around him, and the sport in general, he never runs around bad mouthing others and I believe he has a very positive approach to life which shows in the number of high profile support he has around him.

Obviously his detractors wont like that, but it just shows the extent of his persona and how highly his position in the sport is regarded.

Naa, dont think so Scotty, Li Fuyu was hardly a prolific winner......anywhere, let alone in the showcase grand tours, and who knows, maybe he was just an obnoxious git that nobody liked anyway. :)

Anyway, I obviously have never met 'Berto, but he appears well liked in the peleton and by the general managers etc around him, and the sport in general, he never runs around bad mouthing others and I believe he has a very positive approach to life which shows in the number of high profile support he has around him.

Obviously his detractors wont like that, but it just shows the extent of his persona and how highly his position in the sport is regarded.

That's just that Grump's , he appears well liked, asked the pro riders now what they think of him and you won't be able to scrape the C in Contador off the bottom of the ocean.

The high profile support around him are either scared or just being nice.

Scared of what?

And maybe they're being nice cause they actually like the guy?

Maybe, just maybe, not everyone alive feels the need to vilify and viscerate the guy like you do on this forum.

Maybe some people are just nice people?

Scared of what?

And maybe they're being nice cause they actually like the guy?

Maybe, just maybe, not everyone alive feels the need to vilify and viscerate the guy like you do on this forum.

Maybe some people are just nice people?

Again , the need for you to try and get personal gets out, as I said (pm. me and we can kuier then I can get to know about you and your supposed high profile cycling past)

Now to get back to your questions.

Scared because they may have money invested in the sport and that there might just be a little circle of conspirators who all look after one another.

Maybe they actually like the guy ?

Dunno, you tell me, you seem to be in the know.

It's a common human reaction to say nice things when you actually have effall else to say.

That's just that Grump's , he appears well liked, asked the pro riders now what they think of him and you won't be able to scrape the C in Contador off the bottom of the ocean.

:D - Okay, fair enough. Although I think there will be a few guys publicly saying "Gee sorry he isn't here, we enjoy the competition, he is the one to beat, etc,etc,....) but privately will be saying "Hot S**t, now I stand a chance to win a grand tour, or at least podium." ...Let me think who that can be...................... :rolleyes:

Comment from the organizers of the Giro RCS sports. As mentioned he has support in high places. They have blasted the process and the elimination of 'Berto's results, and I especially like this paragraph.

From a practical sporting point of view and for the fans, all this cannot be acceptable. Sport lives according to rules that must be simple and clear.Sub judice participation is not acceptable – if an athlete has the right to participate, he must have the right to win, otherwise he must be suspended. Such lengthy delays in reaching a verdict are not acceptable, otherwise the whole movement loses credibility.

I agree!!.

http://www.cyclingne...he-giro-ditalia

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Did you see the video yet? Dr. Niels Vollaard, Lecturer in Human and Applied Physiology at the University of Bath explains the chemical effect of clenbuterol use among elite athletes

Essentially he says its unlikely it was ingested intentionally, he would have derived no benefit from a once-off dose. It has to be taken over a period of time for it to have a performance enhancing effect.

People are jumping up and down claiming the sentence is too harsh, Should there be a more lenient sentence if one is high profile and popular. Do the crime do the time, no favoritism.

I hear you, but every case is differant, and should be seen and judged as such. I dont believe you can just have a blanket rule, that's not justice, that's witch hunting, and its unfair.

I also think 'Berto got a poor end of the stick, as RCS sports has said, its puts their event (the Giro) into a poor light with their fans, if 'Berto could race, surely he could win, and that win must stand, otherwise you are disciplining the athlete retroactively, since when is that right, he was legally allowed to enter, he won fair and square, he had no positive samples so he rode the race as any rider would have, he should be allowed to keep the trophy.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

I hear you, but every case is differant, and should be seen and judged as such. I dont believe you can just have a blanket rule, that's not justice, that's witch hunting, and its unfair.

I also think 'Berto got a poor end of the stick, as RCS sports has said, its puts their event (the Giro) into a poor light with their fans, if 'Berto could race, surely he could win, and that win must stand, otherwise you are disciplining the athlete retroactively, since when is that right, he was legally allowed to enter, he won fair and square, he had no positive samples so he rode the race as any rider would have, he should be allowed to keep the trophy.

Guess we're going to have to disagree. At least were were saved his infantile rant about hanging up his bike this time round.

IMO i for one wont miss his pistol pose should he have won any stages.