Van Gaalens Mountain biking and running trails

L.T.G

Yeah, that's the one. I haven't been down there but I will.... soon, when my wrist is stronger and I'm fit enough to get up without coughing up a lung. And yes I will take my trail bike with the 203mm Hope rotor on the front, 180mm at the back.

NiCE!! Perfect for that piece! and take time to enjoy the view while up, it's amazing!

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NiCE!! Perfect for that piece! and take time to enjoy the view while up, it's amazing!

Will do. I have done the other way down a couple of times before Erik made the new trail. That long, fast descent is just amazing.

Yeah, slowing nearly 110kgs (me plus bike) on very steep stuff is a priority. Even have fatter brake hose.

My nephew who is very skilled rider took a plunge a short while back on the floating bridge because it broke as he was going over. Not sure if they have fixed it yet. It was already dipping badly about 1.5 months ago on the one section to a point where I told the GF who had only done it once to turn around and head the other way. Trust my nephew to break it though :mellow:

Rode VG this last weekend again, course is in excellent fast conditions so get there before the first rains.

My nephew who is very skilled rider took a plunge a short while back on the floating bridge because it broke as he was going over. Not sure if they have fixed it yet. It was already dipping badly about 1.5 months ago on the one section to a point where I told the GF who had only done it once to turn around and head the other way. Trust my nephew to break it though :mellow:

Rode VG this last weekend again, course is in excellent fast conditions so get there before the first rains.

Oi that laaitie is becoming moer fast...6th at Trailseeker 40km...not to shabby.

I've never seen someone take a plunge but I'm always with experienced riders at VG. Don't your feet get wet walking the bike across?

Our 16yo daughter rides it... plus most of the Collarbone route just before it. :P

your feet do get wet, but id rather have wet feet than a wet body.

its very unstable at the moment, i'l ride it when its fixed.

your feet do get wet, but id rather have wet feet than a wet body. its very unstable at the moment, i'l ride it when its fixed.

That bridge needs serious work. It would be nice to see some of our R40 entrance fee going to doing a proper job. When I rode on Sunday they had patched it up a bit but on the VG side of the river, they had put a crate the wrong way round, or should I say upside down. The tilt is still there and I heard several trail runners on the Saturday Crazy Store run had a swim!

I didn't see it in time to bunny hop it ... Sort of bulldozed my way through, up and over. All is good as long as I don't test the floating ability of my bike ... :thumbup:

That bridge needs serious work. It would be nice to see some of our R40 entrance fee going to doing a proper job. When I rode on Sunday they had patched it up a bit but on the VG side of the river, they had put a crate the wrong way round, or should I say upside down. The tilt is still there and I heard several trail runners on the Saturday Crazy Store run had a swim!

that bridge is ridable as it is! it ads some potentially funny moments with its instability and upside down crate

if you have a problem with it don't ride it...

a bit of water never hurt anybody!

VG is amazing and the guys do an awesome job maintaining and expanding it!

#HTFU

awesome clip, how many rides did you use to compile this movie.

G

Thanks, just one ride there. Rode some sections perhaps 3 times or so.

ok, so you relocated the camera between the reride's

G

Thanks, just one ride there. Rode some sections perhaps 3 times or so.