Van Gaalens Mountain biking and running trails

L.T.G

and lastly this pic ...

post-6012-0-20590000-1336820278.jpg

This was going through Tant Miems.

it's like riding on a golden canvas... just so beautiful!

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

had a nice little fall straight over the bars 2day up at the daggapad...luckily i got 2 stay on the cliff but my bike said he would meet me down at the gravelroad...but the day temprature is getting better and that means you can get on your bike a little later ...

had a nice little fall straight over the bars 2day up at the daggapad...luckily i got 2 stay on the cliff but my bike said he would meet me down at the gravelroad...but the day temprature is getting better and that means you can get on your bike a little later ...

Please let me assure you, it happens to the best of us... Glad you did'nt get any serious injuries..

I know a young guy who fell the 6m down off the cliff. Fortunately, he only had a few cuts and bruises and a mild concussion.

I know a young guy who fell the 6m down off the cliff. Fortunately, he only had a few cuts and bruises and a mild concussion.

mild concussion.... that's not a joke... i'd personally trade cuts and bruises over any form of concussion ...

mild concussion.... that's not a joke... i'd personally trade cuts and bruises over any form of concussion ...

If you consider he fell off the cliff at the highest part, then his injuries were minor. Even the scrapes were minor. He had to stay off the bike for 10 days... Happens to be one of the top up and coming juniors too.

The cradle mayhem was awesome there 4-6 May. Ran the 35km route on Saturday which is basically the Nissan half-marathon route from 2009, I was done by km 30 ! Sunday we tackled pofadder, loved the decent I just flew doen there ! Would have been much slower on a bike. LTG I did see your bike there on a car, didn't know it was you though

The cradle mayhem was awesome there 4-6 May. Ran the 35km route on Saturday which is basically the Nissan half-marathon route from 2009, I was done by km 30 ! Sunday we tackled pofadder, loved the decent I just flew doen there ! Would have been much slower on a bike. LTG I did see your bike there on a car, didn't know it was you though

Yip, I was there that day.

looked like an awesome vibe and great fun...I'm just not runner :unsure: much prefer pedaling. :clap:

Yeah, that decent on Pofadder is pretty crazy! :eek:

Yip, I was there that day.

looked like an awesome vibe and great fun...I'm just not runner :unsure: much prefer pedaling. :clap:

Yeah, that decent on Pofadder is pretty crazy! :eek:

Ride it backwards..... a whole new kind of crazy emerges.

Ride it backwards..... a whole new kind of crazy emerges.

I've encountered this level of insanity in the past.....one day when I'm big I'm going to do it!

I stopped looking at my Garmin when it said it was 24% up Pofadder, no way I would even try riding down that :cursing:

I finally managed to find my way around the Greek Church route... Holy moses, I bit off more than I could chew there.

I struggled my butt off and did more walking than I wanted to :thumbdown:

If you're interested, heres the profile.

post-30294-0-98135000-1337364826.png

I need to ride Greek Church again some time. Not sure if we didn't do the standard route during the 2011 Magalies Adventure but I thought it would be allot worse. Maybe I was just too tired to notice :blink:

I finally managed to find my way around the Greek Church route... Holy moses, I bit off more than I could chew there.

I struggled my butt off and did more walking than I wanted to :thumbdown:

If you're interested, heres the profile.

It's only get better with time Rich...much much better!

The GC is an awesome ride!

Not too much climbing to be a killer and it's a brilliant ride down and through the donga before you hit the River again.

one can really push up your HR and stretch your lungs a bit... Do that last little section just after dropping down the fast decent... It's pretty much Granny Gear the whole way.