Tokai Maintenance and Building

EvilRabbit

Hi Jimmy. Not a petition, not in the least!

It is a design approval, says so at the top of the sheet. There has been a hoohaa on another forum with a similar misconception.

The idea is that a design has been presented to me and consensus is needed among the people who will ride it to present to Parks. No point signing for something you are not going to ride, so if you are riding DH or plan to in the near future, sign it if you agree with the design. I am in agreement with the design bar a few points.

Important to note that this has not been presented to Parks, so it is not a testament to what WILL be installed. Personally I cannot see Parks approving an obstacle called the "Bombhole", but if that is what DH wants to present, all the best to them.

Edited by Pain or Shine

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok cool. Just change the word bombhole to safety berm or something!

Lol I think it needs to be some snake name or something parks seems to like that.

BTW does the form itself contain a section which describes the track as it is going to be built? Im sure the guys designed a great track so not too concerned about that, would just be nice (and interesting) to see what exactly you're signing for before signing :) Just a general description of what we can look forward to seeing in future?

• 3 weeks later...

Can we talk about the possibility of some basic maintenance for the bridal path, mainly to sort the deep ruts and get rid of some loose rocks? Or am I the only one that found it a tad rough lately? As usual I'll be happy to do some spadework.

Can we talk about the possibility of some basic maintenance for the bridal path, mainly to sort the deep ruts and get rid of some loose rocks? Or am I the only one that found it a tad rough lately? As usual I'll be happy to do some spadework.

Yes, let's chat. Have not been there for a while, been avoiding it a bit you could say.. both the trail and the topic.

Man, you do go for the jugular of maintenance projects!!

Yes, let's chat. Have not been there for a while, been avoiding it a bit you could say.. both the trail and the topic.

I've done this section this afternoon its quite rough and you need to steer rather precise to avoid the ruts. It has been in worse condition in the past though at least the corners seems to hold up nicely.

I've done this section this afternoon its quite rough and you need to steer rather precise to avoid the ruts. It has been in worse condition in the past though at least the corners seems to hold up nicely.

The top must be loose I bet... thanks for the update.

Hi,

I am keen to lend a hand. Available Saturday if you need me.

I am excited to be apart of this and looking forward to lending a hand and whatever tools I have.

Sorry, didn't mean it to be a mountain of a project, just a molehill. Don't want it so smooth that EVERYONE starts riding it.

• 3 weeks later...

Spoke to PorS yesterday . He says build day on saturday 26 1pm till 5 pm. Gonna do maintenance on dh 2 as well as the snake trails. Pull in guys.

Spoke to PorS yesterday . He says build day on saturday 26 1pm till 5 pm. Gonna do maintenance on dh 2 as well as the snake trails. Pull in guys.

Heya Jimmy, may have to change the build on the DH from "2" to "3" instead. There is still plenty of work needed on that stretch. The Snake Eyes build will need to be postponed for another weekend.

Sorry guys, was really hoping to co-ordinate 2 builds on one day.

Stay tuned.

D