Tokai Maintenance and Building

EvilRabbit

Hey Adi, MrT, Marius and Mayhem, thanks for your Saturday sweat guys!! Many current and soon-to-be Downhillers/Freeriders/All-mountaineers are thanking you already – and for years to come! Rain predicted for Saturday btw, hold thumbs..

Look out for another trail build soon, Snake Eyes and Rinkhals next!

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude - always a pleasure! The lower slope is looking SWEEEEET!

And remember - if you need help during the week, just gimme a shout. This week is kinda loose, and I need to vent some steam - preferably on the trails!

Yeah, spade and broom, good one. We can sweep the loose over hardpack in the sun exposed areas.. on the edge sketchy stuff.

• 1 month later...

Ok guys, we will be constructing the sweetest single track in 2012. Rested?

Lots will be happening this year, so check that you, or anyone you know who wants to be involved in trail building, subscribe to this topic. This is the notification channel that will link you to the thread supplying the details of the upcoming build. Hit "Follow this topic" at the top and consider yourself in the know..

Three projects planned:

Snake Eyes - Rebuild

Rinkhals - Total rebuild with diverts ( ph34r.png not divulging any info yet except.. WHOA! )

Bridal Path - Maintenance with features (!!)

A new boardwalk for Vasbyt (boardride) is also planned but timeframe is still to be confirmed.

Subscribe!!

Later

Deon

AMA TokaiMTB

Hi Deon

I still have to make up for my sins, so I'll try to earn it by the sweat of my brow. Just say the word.

Excited about the Snake-Eyes and rinkhals rebuilds, lets make it better than it ever was before

• 2 weeks later...

I look foward to riding on these trails at the end of the year.

As a plus I should be able to see a drastic change in the upkeep of all the trails/single tracks.

All that I used to see were the `entry points` to some of the single tracks, which were also used as `downhill` bits with burms.

So I used to laugh when I heard maintenance was getting done as 90% of the maintenance would be on the entrance to a trail (clay, etc for the burm) where the `downhill maintenance crew of Tokai` are mostly interested.

I know this as most of the builds/maintenace days were scheduled on weekends when there were MTB races near or far.

As a plus I should be able to see a drastic change in the upkeep of all the trails/single tracks.

All that I used to see were the `entry points` to some of the single tracks, which were also used as `downhill` bits with burms.

So I used to laugh when I heard maintenance was getting done as 90% of the maintenance would be on the entrance to a trail (clay, etc for the burm) where the `downhill maintenance crew of Tokai` are mostly interested.

I know this as most of the builds/maintenace days were scheduled on weekends when there were MTB races near or far.

David, you have taken an extended break.. reporting from the UK right?

First, will be great to have you back. Yes, you will enjoy riding your home trails again and you will indeed see much change, that sir is true.

Ah yes, the laughter.. now that we are reflecting - I remember you, who had an issue with any trail building that did not fit in with your type of riding.. the criticism of the downhill track being the only trail worked on.. how wrong you were, hey!

Remember the time you said you would continue riding up the downhill course? You said you did not care? Well, sorry to say again, it seems you were wrong, it eventually became a one way down. Yes, it seems we were right, riding up a downhill route is not good for one's health. Management agreed, in fact it was considered selfish. Ha, imagine that, being selfish by riding up the only track dedicated to downhill... who would do that?!

You never did show up for any build day, did you? Didn't you have the most to say, out of everyone about the state of the trails? Oh, that's right. It was strategically planned for a day when only you couldn't make it.. that's right, I remember. Ah yes, good times, good times..

Let us know before you board your plane.. Would be good to finally meet you, right guys?

Edited by Pain or Shine

I was very happy to have seen the start of maintenance on The Lower Switchbacks on Sunday evening. Thanks guys, will we great to have this fast and flowy again.

Excited about the Snake-Eyes and rinkhals rebuilds, lets make it better than it ever was before

I am keen to help with this rebuild when it happens, sign me up ...

Would love to ride those last two trails again like I used to ages ago.

Any dates planned for this yet ?

thx

I am keen to help with this rebuild when it happens, sign me up ...

Would love to ride those last two trails again like I used to ages ago.

Any dates planned for this yet ?

thx

Great, your help is appreciated! Subscribe to this topic if you haven't already..

"This is the notification channel that will link you to the thread supplying the details of the upcoming build. Hit "Follow this topic" at the top right and consider yourself in the know."

Wolffy Wolffy, hard to please.