CWC dissapoints!

nox1111

Ever think that with Argus coming up they are so swamped with work they are working till all hours of the night? Every1 has a bad day some time or another.

If you had phoned Chris (senior or junior) they would have sorted it out, wouldn't be suprised if they would even have driven to Stellies to sort it out.

If it was a recuring thing then by all means post something like this, dont do it before you have done anything to try correct it.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think it was a battle to start off with... it seems a lot of guys on here likes bashing me now for listing my experience...agreed I should have spoken to the shop. As I said it is not possible to take the bike back there to get the problems fixed.

So yes; learn from my mistakes - both the fact that you don't say something (even if true) on here if you step on toes, and to speak to your bike shop before saying anything on the hub... especially if the shop in discussion has a major following!

:lol: CWC stuffed up , get over it . When my LBS stuffed up everybody had something to say . So suck it up .

I didn't think it was a battle to start off with... it seems a lot of guys on here likes bashing me now for listing my experience...agreed I should have spoken to the shop. As I said it is not possible to take the bike back there to get the problems fixed.

So yes; learn from my mistakes - both the fact that you don't say something (even if true) on here if you step on toes, and to speak to your bike shop before saying anything on the hub... especially if the shop in discussion has a major following!

My brother, you have spoken words of wisdom here.(as highlighted in black)

It's not even your bike in the first place.

Secondly a quick phone call would have gone a long way in getting what you wanted, that is an apology and retribution.

The "major following" has squat to do with anything.

You feel the service was bad, yes you are fully entitled to it, but had you spoken to CWC and felt that you weren't getting anywhere, I would then have understood the reason to air your dirty laundry in public.

There we go, thread closed.

If you knew what was wrong, why didn't you fix it?

Seems you have the critical eye but not the technical ability.....

BUT, like everyone has said(well most at least), why didn't you phone CWC when you saw the problem? I am sure they would have made a plan to fix the bike. Also, I am sure they told your lady friend how to adjust the shocks for comfort (as it is up to the rider to find a comfortable setup) but that she was so overwhelmed that she didn't pay attention.... just a thought.

:lol: CWC stuffed up , get over it . When my LBS stuffed up everybody had something to say . So suck it up .

+1

I agree....CWC needs to jump through the hoops, not the OP :thumbdown:

That said, CWC has a very good rep, and I would expect them to, inline with that rep, jump all over this to rectify. The OP's post has not made me think that I will never buy from CWC :thumbup:

I don't see why CWC should be above criticism just because most people think they are awesome. If they screwed up they screwed up, it does happen. I do know that they care about their reputation and will take action to set things straight. In fact, they are experts at turning bad criticism like this to their advantage, by publicly making up for their mistakes and making people think they are even more awesome than before :)

I don't see why CWC should be above criticism just because most people think they are awesome. If they screwed up they screwed up, it does happen. I do know that they care about their reputation and will take action to set things straight. In fact, they are experts at turning bad criticism like this to their advantage, by publicly making up for their mistakes and making people think they are even more awesome than before :)

+1

Give that man a bells.

No that is more like it . I have no doubt that they will come forward and set it right . That is the way things get done on the hub , why change it because we think CWC might be the pope ?

If you knew what was wrong, why didn't you fix it?

Seems you have the critical eye but not the technical ability.....

BUT, like everyone has said(well most at least), why didn't you phone CWC when you saw the problem? I am sure they would have made a plan to fix the bike. Also, I am sure they told your lady friend how to adjust the shocks for comfort (as it is up to the rider to find a comfortable setup) but that she was so overwhelmed that she didn't pay attention.... just a thought.

Sirk, I fixed it. Thought that was kind of obvious from my post.

But very few bikeshops, no matter who they are will leave a first time buyer to set up rear air suspension for their own comfort as this is too sensitive and too easy to damage the shock running pressure too high or too low.

So pretty sure this was just a slip up.

Wow, what a response... The OP had a genuinely bad experience, it doesn't sound like he is making stuff up just to flame CWC. Give the guy a break. He has justified why the bike could not go back to them and also clearly explained his gripes with the service he received. He hasn't said CWC is terrible, don't use them, just that he had a bad experience (he also seems to have clearly stated that this might be a very isolated case).

Why are his comments not fair, but someone who doesn't have their call returned from another shop is justified in saying how terrible that shops is? When you're in a service/retail industry dealing directly with the consumer, you don't often get second chances to prove yourself. If I go to a shop and they don't perform to my expectations then I will be irritated and probably not go back there. If I get great service 10 times and they slip up on the eleventh then I will be a lot more understanding (which is the view all of you guys are taking on it).

Rather try defend them by saying that you have never had a bad experience there than try to put him down for posting about his bad experience... Let other hubbers decide for themselves from that. I know CWC has had great exposure on here and therefore I would happily use them, but now I know if I ever buy a bike from them (or any other shop), I must take the time to ensure it is set up correctly before leaving with it.

For a someone new to cycling - this is definitely not acceptable...

Same thing happened to me @ Westdene Cycles!

Hope CWC sorts it out...

Quit having a go at Nox!

We all know shops mess up!

BUT THEY SHOULD NOT! The customer pays big $$$$'s for equipment....!

This is the business THEY,CWC, chose to be in!!!

GET IT RIGHT FIRST TIME.....CHECK CHECK AND DOUBLE CHECK!!

I think CWC has just lost a customer, hopefully cycling hasn't!

:thumbdown: