CWC dissapoints!

nox1111

CWC, I will always support you. If you price is right the people will buy.

yes i agree

in the service environment, **** happens all the time, its how they recover from it, and if CWC were given the chance to fix it up, i am sure they would of gone the extra mile to put back your smile :)

i didnt read the whole thread but speaking to the lbs would of been a better approach.

it would of allowed them to look at the problem and identify where the process failed, i know from working it a service environment that you simply cannot QA 100% of work that leaves your workplace, but still your complaint sounds valid and certainly something, or someone flawed their process.

and a large business like theirs should use your feedack to try and avoid this going forward.

if however you did speak to them, and received a cold shoulder, by all means slur away, i'd be right behind you.

Edited by wolf182

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not read all the pages and pages, but scanning through it seems that the general consensus is that a brand new bike bought from a bike shop does not have to be 100% ready to ride, and that the buyer should not be unhappy if he/she has to take it back to the shop to have it fixed, or fix it yourself?

Would it not be better to save money and buy everything on chainreactioncycles.com and then follow the same process?

Edited by Christie

and they still havent made their big ass banner and signature clickable..:rolleyes:

i can click on it and it open their website, no problem.

maybe its your browser.

I have not read all the pages and pages, but scanning through it seems that the general consensus is that a brand new bike bought from a bike shop does not have to be 100% ready to ride, and that the buyer should not be unhappy if he/she has to take it back to the shop to have it fixed, or fix it yourself?

Would it not be better to save money and buy everything on chainreactioncycles.com and then follow the same process?

:lol:

No Christi thats not the consensus, at all, basically the end user have to remmeber that when buying a new bike to ask the shop to help them with a setup before leaving the premises. Thats if they did'nt offer immediatly to help you. Some people seem knowledgeable so they dont always offer.

Secondly you always precheck the bike at the shop, just like you do before every ride, if your paranoid then ask the shop to check the torque on all the screws, take the bike for a quick spin in lot and make sure it shifts and brakes as you would expect it to.

And do the same after your bike has been serviced by a lbs as well, always test it before going home.

i can click on it and it open their website, no problem.

maybe its your browser.

opera faulty? hahaha. so you can click on the Sig and you linked?

opera faulty? hahaha. so you can click on the Sig and you linked?

Yip, i use the Avant browser, not so popular but works good for me.

Also tested it now on Firefox v3.6.13 and it worked.

ok. thanks. first hyperlink not detected by opera. yet the links in my Sig and every other Sig works. just one more thing i guess.

thanks again though.

Very interesting - Looks like CWC is treated on this forum the same way as Dan Carter is treated by referees and how Ju Ju is treated by the law!!

No Christi thats not the consensus, at all, basically the end user have to remmeber that when buying a new bike to ask the shop to help them with a setup before leaving the premises. Thats if they did'nt offer immediatly to help you. Some people seem knowledgeable so they dont always offer.

Secondly you always precheck the bike at the shop, just like you do before every ride, if your paranoid then ask the shop to check the torque on all the screws, take the bike for a quick spin in lot and make sure it shifts and brakes as you would expect it to.

And do the same after your bike has been serviced by a lbs as well, always test it before going home.

I agree that it's good practise to always check work when you receive it back etc., but bike shops need to catch a wake-up these days. If they sell a bike with loose bolts or if some defect crops up that is not due to normal use/abuse they would have to take it back and you would be entitled to a full refund if it's within six months of purchase.

If you were to have an accident because of the loose bolts, they would be liable.

So Chris (jnr or snr) are not directly to blame, but what's wrong with complaining about *** service?

The OP never flamed either of them (like half the assh0les here flaming the OP) but merely commented about an experience.

The person to blame is the mech that prepped (or was supposed to) the bike. All the readers should remain just that; readers. CW(snr) stepped up to the plate and delivered (again). Hats off to you Chris, you rescued the situation, and used it as a marketing opportunity. All your self righteous loyal puppies defended you tooth and nail, which is wrong (in my opinion).

If we can't complain about something in a public forum, what are we to do? Go home and kill our wives and beat on the kids?

Use it like CW did, constructively

my 2c

Krispy if you have been part of this community for long enough you would know the rule of thumb when it comes to complaints.

1. If you have a complaint first and foremost take it up with the LBS and give them a fair chance to redress and make right their F up.

2. If they dont after speaking to them adequatly address your problem, then Flame them on a public forum.

We as users and a comunity do understand mistakes creep into any organization, and its how those mistakes are handled that defines the company. Openly flaming a company without giving them the opportunity to address the issue is simply bad form on the part of the original poster.

If I were Chris snr, I would be pretty happy that the post came through. He did the right thing - made amends and took it off-line for a frank discussion. Perfect opportunity to impress a customer that had not received great service and an opportunity to let everyone else know the way he operates. No problem with either the OP or Chris' response. Little concerned that some feel the need to defend a bike shop to the death despite the complaint being valid and explained in a very rational way.

Covie - in this world of online presence and immediate access to an audience, it is irresponsible to think that customers will only talk about you directly to you. If you want to be party to resolving a compliant you need to address the customer where they make the complaint. There is no rule of thumb other than the adage that the customer is always right and deserved to be served.

If I were Chris snr, I would be pretty happy that the post came through. He did the right thing - made amends and took it off-line for a frank discussion. Perfect opportunity to impress a customer that had not received great service and an opportunity to let everyone else know the way he operates. No problem with either the OP or Chris' response. Little concerned that some feel the need to defend a bike shop to the death despite the complaint being valid and explained in a very rational way.

Covie - in this world of online presence and immediate access to an audience, it is irresponsible to think that customers will only talk about you directly to you. If you want to be party to resolving a compliant you need to address the customer where they make the complaint. There is no rule of thumb other than the adage that the customer is always right and deserved to be served.

Thats exactly where you mis the pot completly. Posting on a public forum without giving the company and I mean any company a chance to fix circumstances first, means the poster is a complete idiot in my book, doing that intends to harm a company rather than solve your complaint, and the poster for that reason lacks any form of decency.

If youre problem is not addressed by the company then by all means flame the company, in my opinion the original poster is completly in the wrong for posting without trying to solve this. Luckally Chris knows about the hub and constantly monitors for these issues so he can rectify them. The moral of the story is if he simply phoned this whole scenario would have been resolved without giving people a wrong impression about a company.

So why do people defend CWC? like a lot of previous posts mention, thats easy to answer they provide the best before and after sales service, they fix any issues that occur within a blink of an eye. And that is why they have such a loyal client base. There is only one other bike shop in the western cape that compares to CWC,but they do mostly really high end custom builds only. I have used every other shop and will never ever go back to any of the others. They simply do not have the same etho's as Chris Jnr and Snr.

And no im not biased, CWC has messed up some of my things historically but they fixed the situation beyond my expectations, where the other LBS's i dealt with were more than happy to tell me to f off.