CWC dissapoints!

nox1111

Hallo nox1111.

Hallo Nox 1111. I am very sorry and do apologize for any inconvenience caused with your girlfriends bike. Would you please be so kind to contact me on 0836404823 or PM me and I will call you back immediately.

I will personally come to Stellenbosch today to collect the bike and will make sure that you have it back later this afternoon or on the latest tomorrow.

regards

Chris snr

Thanks Chris,

not trying to bash you guys as I said, this might be a very isolated case.

She as I said, moved to PE, so the bike is unfortunately not around here anymore.

Luckily I know my way around a set of tools, so I sorted out all the pressures, bolt tightening etc.

Thanks for the reply - well appreciated!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Hubbers love CWC, Its easy to like them, I do, and will but from them again, they go the extra mile and they listen to what we have to say and make an effort to meet our needs. I agree with you all, Nox was perhaps treading on holy ground starting a topic "CWC+ Negative experiance... Maybe could have stated "Major LBS Stuffs up"?? I dont know..POINT TAKEN NOX111 ??

But.

To me the real point is...

As someone stated above, they are not above critisism, wat they did or lacked doing was serious.. Cycling is a dangerous sport and when one gets someone you care for into this sport it becomes more real to us. Somehow when I plow into loose rutted corners at 40-50km/hr or ride down Kloofnek on my way home after a ride I dont think about the dangers anymore. We get numb to the dangers.

Many of you have introduced a wife, girlfriend or even just a friend to cycling...Let me paint a picture:

Imagine how Pissed you'd be if you found out she rode a brand new bike, (for some reason you couldnt check it for her) and the bikeshop didnt check the front QR before loading it onto her bikerack, she took it off and went on to go ride some dirtroads by herself...

Sure, thare are disclaimers everywhere but ignorance is bliss and she would not have been aware what the rattle from the front wheel would have been, thinking, "surely theres nothing wrong" the bike is new, the LBS know best, I'll trust them. This is unfortunately how someone would think, agreed ??

Im glad It didnt end up in tears Nox111. I can give you some contacts for her to go have the bike checked at in PE. Unless CWC is willing to pay for the bike to get shipped back to them to have "checked".

The tallest tree catches the most wind. ??

Jeesh THis tread is moving, I didnt see CWC's post, Nice-one Chris senior.

Also noted of course that the CWC on the hub is not ran by the same people as CWC - online..

:clap: :clap: :clap: petrol only goes up tomorrow. There is still time.....LOL!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hope one tank gets him there and back!

Hinox1111.

Thanks for replying. Please except my apology once again as well as a free voucher for R 250.00. Just contact me personally when you need something and I will sort it out.

Regards

Unfortunately I am not the happiest CWC client; but due to getting a mondo burn here - I will adjust to make amends...

My lady friend went there willing to spend quite a bit of hard earned cash on a brand new bike last week and they happily sold her the bike.

She bought the Scott Spark 60 in lime green/white/black - with a couple of accessories for R15k. A good price considering the shop did a tubeless conversion pre-sale and she got a helmet, pedals and shoes all inclusive in this price.

She went in the morning paid for the bike and arranged to collect it the afternoon when all is sorted as you would with a new bike.

She collected the bike, girl by herself putting all her trust in what I thought was a decent LBS. She got home, kitted up and took off to Jonkershoek for a ride. being new to mountain biking, she assumed everything was in order with the bike and had a fairly pleasant ride.

I went over the next day and immediately realized the bike was not set up properly.

Here is my concern - other than the tubeless conversion, they did not have a mechanic anywhere near that bike.

- The rear suspension was set up for an 80-90kg rider - she is small - so no suspension movement on the rear triangle, very little on the front. I am around the 76kg mark and with me on the bike the suspension barely sagged, and this is not due to magic Scott suspension design, this is because the shock was over inflated even for me.

- The fork preload was wound all the way to positive/hard.

- the top link between the shock and frame was not bolted on - the allen bolts supposed to be torqued to 5hm - was not tightened in any way - the one was 5 full turns out - as in turning with your hand, no tools needed - meaning one more ride and 'good bye bolt'.

- The tubeless setup was decent but once again - inflated to over 3 bar. I know you inflate the tyres hard to get the tubeless setup to set - bet then either deflate pre hand over - or instruct as to what pressures would be good for someone of the buyer's weight

- I did a once over the bike with my multi-tool and found quite a few bolts that was not even remotely tightened as they should be - I don't believe in over tightening and even with a micro-multi tool you could tighten these without any strain.

- The center lock on the front rotor was loose

PSS's should be the norm with all new bikes.

a PRE SALE SERVICE - it takes a couple of minutes, and saves the new bike owner countless headaches!

I should have phoned the shop before posting this, but the circumstances in this case also meant that the bike is no longer within service distance.

I am not saying the shop is useless or slips up a lot, this might be 1 in 100, unfortunately it leaves you with an unpleasant taste in your mouth.

Im thinking you / your girl are total numbnuts dude, your ranting about setup, they sell 1000's of bikes its up to you to ask someone to help you out with a quick setup if you feel its required, Its not up to them to offer it although they gladly will.

Ive never bought a bike that any bike shop offered to setup, unless i asked them. Only thing i can see in this post is that you need to educate your girl to ask to have something done and CWC gave you a damn good deal. And you tightened the bolts with a mulit tool instead of a torque wrench like they would have used accoridng to manufacter specs? Jeez dude make sure your girl has her life insurance up to date.

Not really worth complaining now is it.

BEST CHECK MY BIKE.....START CYCLING TO WORK FROM 2MORO!!!!

TAKE THAT BP!

Looks like a kiss and cuddle make up session coming!

This thread is a decoy, Nox1111 is the same person as Snip but using an advanced spell checker, the thread was started to take the heat off the other thread :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im thinking you / your girl are total numbnuts dude, your ranting about setup, they sell 1000's of bikes its up to you to ask someone to help you out with a quick setup if you feel its required, Its not up to them to offer it although they gladly will.

Ive never bought a bike that any bike shop offered to setup, unless i asked them. Only thing i can see in this post is that you need to educate your girl to ask to have something done and CWC gave you a damn good deal. And you tightened the bolts with a mulit tool instead of a torque wrench like they would have used accoridng to manufacter specs? Jeez dude make sure your girl has her life insurance up to date.

If anyone is thinking like a numbnut its you sunshine

She bought a new bike.The shop does not do a set up????Bulls**t.Maybe you should stop buying your bikes at Game

okay so just want to ask something, when did she buy the bike and when did she move to PE?

She bought on Thursday - rode same day, I saw the bike on Saturday arvi and she moved on Monday.

With all the packing etc it would not have been possible to go back, and she left 5am Monday morning so also no good.

The only bad publicity for CWC is posts like this one. Everybody understands they will make a mistake but coming on here and flaming people like some CWC groupy firing squad does them no good.

CWC gives awesome service and treats people on the hub with respect, they don't need these kind of replies.