Conti Race King Front and back ...

GhostRider2

The title says it all.

I’m going with UST tubeless tires on my MTB.

I ride the suburbs so it’s a fair amount of tar and some trails, pavement, velt etc.

So is it :

A. Conti Race King rear / Conti Mountain King front

Or

B. Conti Race King rear / Conti Race King front

I'd also like to be able to use the bike at MTB parks and the like now and again.

Edited by GhostRider2

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard that tar eats Conti's for breakfast. I heard it on the Hub so it must be true.....

I use option B and my Conti's do fine on the road. I run the 2.0 models.

I love the setup. If the terrain gets a bit trickier I would put the new X-king on the front.

That tyre is WOW

I use option B and my Conti's do fine on the road. I run the 2.0 models.

I love the setup. If the terrain gets a bit trickier I would put the new X-king on the front.

That tyre is WOW

X King back and front but they are not for very muddy areas.Nice fast tyre on the hard dry ground.

OPTION B!ALL THE WAY.

i HAVE RACE KINGS ON MY 29ER & I HAVE DONE OVER 3000KMS WITH THEM.MOST OF IT OFF ROAD,BUT I HAVE DONE A FAIR DEAL OF RIDING ON THE ROAD.I DONE THE 94.7 S WITH THEM & THEY WENT WELL.NOT A SINGLE PUNCTURE & LAST REALLY LONG

Option A. slightly more aggressive on the front with minimal loss in rolling resistance.

Kinda depends on the terrain you ride, if you are riding around loose leaves, exposed roots etc then A for sure, if mostly dry single track the B would be perfect.

id go with option A, although for alot of tar riding - maybe look at the crossmarks front and back or crossmark back with the monorial upfront :)

Wow lots of great replies. Thanks everyone.

Lots of food for thought there.

The Maxxis Crossmark was also an option. Anyone one if those would be better on tar?

My Mountain Kings did not last very long at all... I will be trying something else now since my rear tyre looks like a slick after the sabie.

My race and mountain king combo dont like tar, it chows them. On my way to a ride I ride on the pavement where they are happy. In my opinion these are brilliant tyres not one puncture yet.