Oats replacement

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1/2 -2/3 cup of raw jungle oats, with a handful of Fruit & Veg's cranberry mix, and 2% fat milk. Best Muesli this side of Texas

Edited by Wellington

If the taste of oats is the problem, I had the same problem. I think it was Malcolm Lange that said in an interview that he puts a teaspoon of peanut butter in his oats before a race. I tried it and that has replaced the Pronutro in the morning!! Can't get enough of the stuff!

I eat Muesli, Jungle Crunch I think it is called. Very yummy and there are a few different choices. I could eat that stuff all day, yummy :thumbup:

Maybe i should give it a go too - I think my wife has it for breakfast at work. I vaguely remember getting 2 sachets at a race (possibly burger 2010) and we both had one.

It was a nice taste so my wife went and bought a box for herself. I am still doing the oats thing with honey.

I eat Muesli, Jungle Crunch I think it is called. Very yummy and there are a few different choices. I could eat that stuff all day, yummy :thumbup:

Moosli is dangerous in the morning. Nature's little broom...

Moosli is dangerous in the morning. Nature's little broom...

Beats using a vacuum cleaner.... :blink:

Stick with oats. Try this, when cooking them, add a handfull of whole peeled garlic cloves, don't use salt or sugar.

Are you for real? Doubt whether you'll be sitting in (or near) a bunch with that concoction inside you

Think I got a packet for free at a race,does it taste like pronutro and do you mix it with water?If thats the one where do you buy it?

I bought it at Pick & Pay, we have loads of it...its normally on the top shelf where the healthy serial is

Love the chocolate flavour...nice thing mixing with water u can take some to work without needing milk and it tastes very nice still.

Dont taste like pronutro at all

Ill write all this down and raid my local Pick 'n Pay... I'll have a large variety of bfasts in the mornings :clap:

Chocolate oats,strawberry oats? :P

Chocolate oats korts,strawberry oats korts? :P

I like weetbix + sugar + boiling water(as opposed to milk)

I don't eat sugar and I can't imagine trying to eat Pronutro, porridge or Wheatbix without sugar - yuk :thumbdown:

If the taste of oats is the problem, I had the same problem. I think it was Malcolm Lange that said in an interview that he puts a teaspoon of peanut butter in his oats before a race. I tried it and that has replaced the Pronutro in the morning!! Can't get enough of the stuff!

Yup, you have to spice it up, oats on it own is not lekka.

oats

1 teaspoon of peanut butter

1 banana

and a handful of raisins :clap:

or replace the banana with strawberries, gooseberries or raspberries

Cant stand pronutro! Even after eating the whole box I am still hungry. But not with oats!

I love my oats, but on the days it's not available, I use bfast. Itcs like pronutro, but smoother and creamier...

Hey guys, if you're struggling to source FutureLife cereal, anywhere in the Western Cape, please contact my wife by dropping her a mail ('natalie at futurelife.co.za').

She's the dietitian representing FutureLife in the Western Cape and will contact the distribution company, to ensure that it's in the stores near you.