What bike are your riding the argus on?

Chubba

101 members have voted

1. 1. What bike are your riding the argus on?

• Road Bike
    • MTB with knobblies
    • MTB with slicks
    • Single Speed
    • Fixie

quick question (might be a stupid), when are you supposed to grip the lower bars on a road bike?

Never - that's why I put MTB Bars on Mine!!!

post-6109-0-42946600-1299508702.jpg

post-6109-0-48353100-1299508870.jpg

Edited by levett

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quick question (might be a stupid), when are you supposed to grip the lower bars on a road bike?

I like holding onto the drops on a climb, I seem to be able to put more power down

Ravo tandem , however i have put my mountain bike bars and gears etc on it as i battle with the road bars..

Dropped my baby off at ORTIA this morning.

gallery_2030_31_68517.jpg

She's now got a white saddle and the Zipps are staying at home this year since I'm taking an easy ride.

Dude, that is such a sweet bike, but please put the spacers at the bottom and flip your stem upside down. It looks Dorris!

Disclaimer: Only do this if your maximum allowable stack height is still achievable with the fork in question.

Dude, that is such a sweet bike, but please put the spacers at the bottom and flip your stem upside down. It looks Dorris!

I know, it looks terrible and it really bugs me, but it's the only way to get the right saddle-handlebar drop. I've actually put the stem up another 10mm and the drop is still on the long side of 12cm. Blame really long legs and short arms and torso <_<

Hardtail with knobblies... like to see the roadies get all flustered when I pass them :P

full-sus, knobblies, shocks open :P

jokes (would love to try it, but riding with someone on a roadbike who wants to swap if the hills get too steep), so

full-sus, slicks, shocks open (no lockout!!)

I know, it looks terrible and it really bugs me, but it's the only way to get the right saddle-handlebar drop. I've actually put the stem up another 10mm and the drop is still on the long side of 12cm. Blame really long legs and short arms and torso <_<

Hey Edman... looks like our avatars are from the same cycling zoo!

What if you moved the STI forward and slightly over the front and then rotated your bars counter clockwise or upward? You may get 2cm out of it if you can still sprint on shorter drops.

A slightly shorter (10-20mm) stem may help too.

Do you have tight hammies and lower back?

What if you moved the STI forward and slightly over the front and then rotated your bars counter clockwise or upward? You may get 2cm out of it if you can still sprint on shorter drops.

A slightly shorter (10-20mm) stem may help too.

Do you have tight hammies and lower back?

The thing is, my setup is now pretty much spot-on in terms of comfort. I tried rotating the bars upwards, but It doesn't go far until I start hitting my forearms on the cross bar.

My hammies and lower back are OK. I get neck pain if I start moving the bar lower, though.

When you are going down hill too fast and sh*tting yourself!

a borrowed 1992 giant rigid. it's my first mountainbike's twin :)

if there's time saturday night, then spds and slicks, otherwise as is with flat pedals and knobblies and hopefully all the gears.