The Annual Cycle EXPO

Jekyll

Want to know why exhibitors always try to make a profit at these exhibitions, what happened to giving good deals to build loyalty as is done overseas. Went to the holdfast stand and wanted to buy a bike rack, the 3 bike one was R2795, i ask the guy if they have any show specials and get told its the same price as normal and he refused to even budge on the price. So he lost out on a sale, i will probably get one from Evans or CRC, hell if he had offerec me 10% i would have taken it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is quite neat, are they available at the expo, I might get one, I take my boxer on my runs say three times a week, easy dos 8-10 kms now - might be interesting to take him riding.?

Yup, on the way out, just before the exit on your left, I have contact details if you missed them.

post-4352-0-99692800-1299928483.jpg

Want to know why exhibitors always try to make a profit at these exhibitions, what happened to giving good deals to build loyalty as is done overseas. Went to the holdfast stand and wanted to buy a bike rack, the 3 bike one was R2795, i ask the guy if they have any show specials and get told its the same price as normal and he refused to even budge on the price. So he lost out on a sale, i will probably get one from Evans or CRC, hell if he had offerec me 10% i would have taken it.

dont think you understand, lately its more an opportunity for exhibutors to charge a premuim rather than offering specials. Ive spotted a number of outlets charging more than what you pay in the shops

Halleluya!

Someone finally brought PEARL IZUMI stuff to SA. Found some at the expo and stuffed up my budget totally!

The rest of the place was the same as usual. I agree, perhaps it is time for an upgrade.

Yup, on the way out, just before the exit on your left, I have contact details if you missed them.

Yeah, can you let me have the contact details. Thanks in advance. :D

Halleluya!

Someone finally brought PEARL IZUMI stuff to SA. Found some at the expo and stuffed up my budget totally!

The rest of the place was the same as usual. I agree, perhaps it is time for an upgrade.

Well, since Shimano now owns Pearl Izumi the local Shimano agents are by default the Pearl Izumi importer.

Well, since Shimano now owns Pearl Izumi the local Shimano agents are by default the Pearl Izumi importer.

O ****, when on the road I'm a Campagnolo fan and now I'll be wearing "Shimano" clothing by default!

The entire concept of the Expo is bizarre.

Why not send the race card in the mail? Why force entrants to take time to go to this very poor "exhibition"?

I hope the organisers have got a sense of feelings out there from this thread, although I doubt it. The monopoly they foist on participants by subjecting them to real life spam in the form of high pressure, forced advertising in the expo is probably an enormous money spinner.

What a load of ****. I dread going to the expo.

On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoy popping into my LBS where my *choice* determines my being there.

Rant for the day done. Haha. Have a wonderful race tomorrow, everyone.