Single speed projects

divernick

Guys please help me out, i am busy with a single speed project and need some assistance, i have put together most of the items already but i still need a rigid fork, now the problem is i have a set of 15mm through axle wheels that i would like to use for this build but i havent seen any through axle forks available, can i get a rigid with a through axle or should i use an adapter and change the wheel to a QR? what would be the best option?

Niner fork you can get with a 15mm TA http://www.bikerumor.com/2011/09/27/niner-releases-weights-details-on-rdo-seatpost-15mm-thru-axle-fork-more/

http://www.jensonusa.com/Niner-Rdo-15mm-Tapered-Carbon-Fork

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys please help me out, i am busy with a single speed project and need some assistance, i have put together most of the items already but i still need a rigid fork, now the problem is i have a set of 15mm through axle wheels that i would like to use for this build but i havent seen any through axle forks available, can i get a rigid with a through axle or should i use an adapter and change the wheel to a QR? what would be the best option?

X-Lite and Niner are the two I know of.

Actually I have a spare X-lite for sale if you're interested?

Hi all,

I need to know where do u get shorter chain ring bolts as u got my stuff to build my Naainer MTB SS ? Sldo how di u determine the chain length got my self a on one chain tensioner?

I would get an adapter for the wheel to QR

Hi all,

I need to know where do u get shorter chain ring bolts as u got my stuff to build my Naainer MTB SS ? Sldo how di u determine the chain length got my self a on one chain tensioner?

Short chainring bolts are readily available from your LBS or if you buy a 2x10 crank they use them and you have no need to swap.

As for the chain, I just measure the chain so it is tight...ish on your bike, so you do not need to tension too much. Make sure you can loosen the chain enough to get the wheel out of the horizontal dropout! MTC

Question, I thought Niners had an off centre BB so you don't need a chaintug?

Edited by BBN

Question, I thought Niners had an off centre BB so you don't need a chaintug?

Not all. Air9 Carbon, Sir9, One9, Ros9 do.

Hi all,

You can also also for der hanger bolts

Hi checked with lbs no shorter chain ring bolts :( I have a 3x20 chain ring will pressure washers work by any chance will post pics once my project is complete

Hi checked with lbs no shorter chain ring bolts :( I have a 3x20 chain ring will pressure washers work by any chance will post pics once my project is complete

. , They're your friends.

3x20 chainring? You mean 32T?...

Edited by Ryanpmb

you can use something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mountain-Bike-15mm-Thru-Axle-to-Standard-5mm-Quick-Release-Wheel-Adapter-/251073161488?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a75206910

You can use washers, just check that the washer does not catch the chain, as you might have to grind down an edge of the washer to ensure clearance. As others have said, ask for RD hanger bolts which you can also use

Hi Face plant, you get thru axle Niner rigid forks and I think Ritchey as well. I'm riding with a rigid fork in MTB parks, Groenkloof, LSD & club rides etc and I'm really loving it but it all depends on your tyre pressure(I can run my tyres from 1.2 bar, usually they are about 1.5 bar) and a bit on your grips(ESI grips works well). Rigid fork makes your climbing awesome and your steering more precise and it weights 600g to 1kg less than a shock(My fork is about 580g). But that's just my 2 cents....

Thanks for the help guys I landed up buying a thicker chain ring and a 9spd chain bike is very smooth just need to put through its paces

Thanks for the help guys I landed up buying a thicker chain ring and a 9spd chain bike is very smooth just need to put through its paces