Single speed projects

divernick

Brilliant! Where did you get that chain?

Glad you like it! Got the chain at Mason bike Inn Stellenbosch, R160

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...so that was the shortest i have ever owned a bike. My business partner saw it and took it.

Luckily i had ordered a spare bike for just such an eventuallity.

And thanks to a late friday delivery of some american classic race wheels, i had two singlespeend monsters delivered in a day.

Not a bad friday.

Damn thats pretty. Hows that clearance of those tyres? from the looks of it there is about 10mm between the tyre and arch of the fork. 

Damn thats pretty. Hows that clearance of those tyres? from the looks of it there is about 10mm between the tyre and arch of the fork. 

Not much, but enough.

The grip is simply insane.

Ok...so that was the shortest i have ever owned a bike. My business partner saw it and took it.

And thanks to a late friday delivery of some american classic race wheels, i had two singlespeend monsters delivered in a day.

Not a bad friday.

Have almost the exact same bike, except has gears and the AMC race wheels.... If I decide to sell my On One SS then it will def become a SS

attachicon.gifrsz_1img_20150126_171934.jpg

This is a project Ive recently completed for a friend...

Would be cool to hear what you guys think, Ive replaced the chain,seat, tires , serviced the hub with bearings, polished the heck out of the frame and brought the chrome wheels and handlebar back to life.

Cool fiets!

Sit reflectors ook op die fiets. Witte voor en rooie agter. Sal netjies lyk

Not a bad friday.

Wayne, another beauty for you. I like it

Not a bad friday.

I can't stop looking at this bike. That niner has such killer lines! And those tyres. I'm so jealous!

Please help this stupid...

I'm re-doing that 1950's Raleigh roadster. I want to keep the front cog- standard with the Raleigh heron and 48 teeth.

The back cog is 18, which is a ratio of 1:2.6. Is that more or less standard for SS?

Thanks

Please help this stupid...

I'm re-doing that 1950's Raleigh roadster. I want to keep the front cog- standard with the Raleigh heron and 48 teeth.

The back cog is 18, which is a ratio of 1:2.6. Is that more or less standard for SS?

Thanks

Forget about gear ratios. This is a classic. Keep it as it came from the factory. My 2c

I definitely don't want to change anything more (already had to re-paint due to a proper horrible home paint job on it), but I also want to ride it and not die doing the mountains around here, + it weighs what feels like a half-ton.

Just wondered what is a "standard" ratio on SS.

I definitely don't want to change anything more (already had to re-paint due to a proper horrible home paint job on it), but I also want to ride it and not die doing the mountains around here, + it weighs what feels like a half-ton.

Just wondered what is a "standard" ratio on SS.

Standard is what's comfortable for the rider. Some people like to suffer, others like to take it easy. Average is just a number in between.

• 2 weeks later...

Totally SS clueless so excuse.

I have a 2009 Cannondale Prophet in Bare alu. Replaced it with a new Anthem SX. So I can sell it for R5000 if I am lucky, however was thinking with the lefty and really good brakes and new rear shock why not make it a SS for some trail riding. The problem with the Prophet has always been the front chainring setup, as it has a wider than standard BB so a single chainring front will relieve many of the problems.

Q: Can you make a Dual bike a SS with the rear suspension pivot vs chain tension?

What ratios do I use? Or is this a trial and error thing.

this is something i put together to work out gears etc on an SS with diff wheel size options. makes it a bit easier if you have a more than one SS with diff wheel sizes

post-66452-0-48340600-1424281854_thumb.jpg

this is something i put together to work out gears etc on an SS with diff wheel size options. makes it a bit easier if you have a more than one SS with diff wheel sizes

Also see Bike Gear Calculator App.