Single speed projects

divernick

Rather sell another bike....

The SS is locked to paths and roads. The MTB can go where I must. To jump the curb with a road bike might just end in disaster.

Later on I will get a SS MTB. The roads and road users in SA is not for cycling anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

confession time: I ordered gears.......Ten of them!

I feel so ashamed.

Embrace the gears, when you go back to SS again the mere simplicity and smoothness thereof will so flipping amazing that your appreciation of a SS will be far greater.

thanks Hairy, the way I see it, the gears will simply get me back on my bike more, so its a "big picture" scenario, SS is great when you have the legs to match.

so what ratio should I go for 11-23 right?  :whistling:

thanks Hairy, the way I see it, the gears will simply get me back on my bike more, so its a "big picture" scenario, SS is great when you have the legs to match.

so what ratio should I go for 11-23 right?  :whistling:

I went a 12-36t ..... but that was only because that is what was lying in my garage and I got tired of being burned by the other commuters.

Now the majority of them are on SS roadie rigs ...... would not mind a SS roadie rig to commute with myself, then the HT can go back to SS again.

confession time: I ordered gears.......Ten of them!

I feel so ashamed.

Same here. I rode with gears three times this week. My SS gear is just too tall for me at the moment. What I really should be doing though is changing the gear to something more manageable... Laziness is a terrible thing. :P

The SS is locked to paths and roads. The MTB can go where I must. To jump the curb with a road bike might just end in disaster.

Later on I will get a SS MTB. The roads and road users in SA is not for cycling anymore.

I've been thinking about this for a long time. Sounds like you need to convert your SS to a cyclocross bike!

shifter and derailleur are on their way, hoping Oom Chris has some chains and cassettes on special at the expo.....

Rock.... your confession saddens me.

**stands up**

My name is David, and I had impure thoughts about a Campy 11 speed  groupset this morning... :P

If you guys carry on with this kinda behaviour, I'm gonna have no choice but to start hitting the report button so we can get a mod in here to sort this nonsense out!!!

I have a confession..........

I converted my Krampus from SS to 1x9

I'm so ashamed..................

Guest notmyname

Dying breed. I took my road SS for a burn yesterday after work. Still not quite done but getting there.