Single speed projects

divernick

is that original fork? I got two alpina frames that I want to do like yours, single speed with the straight bar, not sure how to go about it because of the quill stem. How did you do that?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about that. I changed to a 1" carbon fork and a new 1-1/8'stem with a filler shim.

Edited by GTRacing

I have a viner frame and origenal track fork. comes with a quill stem and a Rolls, and it's looking for a new home. well they all are. I need to clean up shop a bit.

they single speed bikes, only run one in one gear so no need for derailers since there's no changing gears

i managed to pick up a benotto(?) track bike, I want to move components over to a spare alpina, use that as my fixie, then convert the other alpina to a ss commuter - basically I really just stuck for a straight bar.

Edited by EigerSA

i managed to pick up a benotto(?) track bike, I want to move components over to a spare alpina, use that as my fixie, then convert the other alpina to a ss commuter - basically I really just stuck for a straight bar.

I have one in the shed somewhere. crowbar.

Can i ask why u guys dont have derailers :huh:

No derailers keeps the weight of the bikes down,you just change gears manualy with your foot.

Stunning bikes ,would love to build one some day.

Madness - that's one hippy Alice TW! One of my very first threads up on the Hub, was me looking for info on my old frame. A fellow Hubber - might even have been TitusTi(?) popped up a google images' pic, of a DBR frame with the Michelin man on the front... It kind of stuck with me from then on... When Tyerone started his decal sales - I figured 'why not' - I needed something to cover that huge headset space :) ...

Glad I never went with the cyclocross option - since you clearly had 1st, proper dibs! :thumbup:

Oh - and of course, me in lycra occasionally comes close to Mr. Michelin! :D

You still got your ride? I must be honest in that I've toyed with the idea myself... Especially with the cantilever brace at the back - reckon it wouldn't be too difficult, I'd need a rigid canti fork up front, and bob would be my uncle...

:lol:

Yeah, I still have her, although she took some serious damage at a hub ride some years ago - THE.PICTURES.OF.THAT.DAY.MAY.NOT.BE.REPOSTED.HERE :angry: - bent crank and change rings, buckled wheels, etc. So, she got taken apart and is still in the process of being rebuilt, with the original wheels that came on the Tox, etc. I want to have some cable hangers machined and run cantis on it too.

:lol:

Yeah, I still have her, although she took some serious damage at a hub ride some years ago - THE.PICTURES.OF.THAT.DAY.MAY.NOT.BE.REPOSTED.HERE :angry: - bent crank and change rings, buckled wheels, etc. So, she got taken apart and is still in the process of being rebuilt, with the original wheels that came on the Tox, etc. I want to have some cable hangers machined and run cantis on it too.

Has it been that long? I remember that photo of HR rolling in the mud. wink.giftongue.gif