Single speed projects

divernick

Has it been that long? I remember that photo of HR rolling in the mud. wink.giftongue.gif

:lol:

Yeah, it has. I replaced all the cables and the crank, etc, but then ended up using the wheels on another build. Realised I had the other wheels, and laced them but got not further. I currently have more bikes in pieces than in working order, plus I decide to "grow up" and have a "normal" where the bike room isn't where "normal" people would put a lounge, so my tools, workstand and everything are in the mess I call a spare room for now.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a viner frame and origenal track fork. comes with a quill stem and a Rolls, and it's looking for a new home. well they all are. I need to clean up shop a bit.

How much do you want for this? Is it still available?

From asking why you guys dont have derailers to asking how I can get rid of my derailer :clap: . I have a DJ, bike that I would like to make single speed. What do I need and which size chainrings would work best for DJ? Is a chain tension device necessary and do I still need my bash ring? If somebody wouldnt mind helping me out cause :) I would like to see exactly what I need to but and if i could post you links to CRC of things that could or couldnt work I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Edited by Jabawakee411

From asking why you guys dont have derailers to asking how I can get rid of my derailer :clap: . I have a DJ, bike that I would like to make single speed. What do I need and which size chainrings would work best for DJ? Is a chain tension device necessary and do I still need my bash ring? If somebody wouldnt mind helping me out cause :) I would like to see exactly what I need to but and if i could post you links to CRC of things that could or couldnt work I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

welcome to da SS club..

as to what size chain ring you need... i'll let one of the others answer that...

the chain tension device. its to keep your chain in tension, to get the correct chain length with vertical drop outs.. otherwise either your chain will be to short and you'll battle to put our wheel in, or to lose and will bounce off the the chain rings the whole time..

welcome to da SS club..

as to what size chain ring you need... i'll let one of the others answer that...

the chain tension device. its to keep your chain in tension, to get the correct chain length with vertical drop outs.. otherwise either your chain will be to short and you'll battle to put our wheel in, or to lose and will bounce off the the chain rings the whole time..

Cool I'll work that into my order thanks!

Would this work

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=10009 :clap:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=36123 :clap:

Edited by Jabawakee411

heres my fixie.. ..

almost a SS..

wanted to make a fixie of my one frame this year but the frame cracked... maybe later..

post-12682-0-22056200-1301942048.jpg

and my home made chainring..

post-12682-0-74792000-1301942050.jpg

its progressed a little further than these old pics but not yet complete

shweet cranks.. nope.. remove all gear stuff. slap on the tensioner kit and cranks.. check breaks, and go have fun

maybe a chain... bmx chain or is it 9 speed compatible?

This thread needs more piccies. Here's one linked to earlier, some Independent Fabrication hotness

http://www.slowcyclist.com/wp-content/uploads/DSC03394.jpg

This thread needs more piccies. Here's one linked to earlier, some Independent Fabrication hotness

http://www.slowcyclist.com/wp-content/uploads/DSC03394.jpg

Schaweet!!!

My fave colour!

Edited by The Drongo

shweet cranks.. nope.. remove all gear stuff. slap on the tensioner kit and cranks.. check breaks, and go have fun

maybe a chain... bmx chain or is it 9 speed compatible?

What do you mean check breaks?

What do you mean check breaks?

One should always check for brakes, particularly near your breaks, because if you don't, then you might break, and find the breaks don't work, and then you get braken. :thumbup:

One should always check for brakes, particularly near your breaks, because if you don't, then you might break, and find the breaks don't work, and then you get braken. :thumbup:

hahahahaha thanks I guess that makes sense.