Single speed projects

divernick

hahahahaha thanks I guess that makes sense.

sorry will blame typo on severe case of dyslexia

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few pics of my work in progress. My concept is the first post of this thread, and may change and evolve, but check out these pics.

I stripped the frame and forks with Durastrip paint stripper and a scraper, then removed the leftovers with a wire-brush drill attachment, sanded with 600-grit waterpaper. I primed with Rustoleum bare-metal primer and top-coated with white gloss enamel, also Rustoleum.

I sanded the cranks down,primed and painted them - now I am looking for a blue 130mm BCD SS chainring.

post-19617-0-55868100-1302075077.jpg

Edited by divernick

Here are a few pics of my work in progress. My concept is the first post of this thread, and may change and evolve, but check out these pics.

I stripped the frame and forks with Durastrip paint stripper and a scraper, then removed the leftovers with a wire-brush drill attachment, sanded with 600-grit waterpaper. I primed with Rustoleum bare-metal primer and top-coated with white gloss enamel, also Rustoleum.

I sanded the cranks down,primed and painted them - now I am looking for a blue 130mm BCD SS chainring.

hey.. looking nice..

you making a fixie or just a single speed?

as to evolving.. thats the beauty of project they become so much more..

hey.. looking nice..

you making a fixie or just a single speed?

as to evolving.. thats the beauty of project they become so much more..

Definitely a SS, wanna maybe do the 94.7 on it.

I have nice Campi rims that I wanna polish up, blue bar tape on the drops and I have a nice blue seat. I want the blue chainring, blue chain, blue cog spacers and lockring, white cable housings and maybe blue tyres.

This thread needs more piccies. Here's one linked to earlier, some Independent Fabrication hotness

http://www.slowcyclist.com/wp-content/uploads/DSC03394.jpg

That be hotness! Pity about the top cable routing though!

:)

:thumbup:

Velly, Velly naaice!

Thanks! I used "enamel" paint this time, hope that it doesn't chip as easy as the normal metallic paint that I used for my MTB. I'm already thinking about redoing my MTB but I don't think budget or time will allow that anytime soon. Just gonna ride the k@k outta it for now.

So I have started to rebuild the bike, got the BB in and the headset reinstalled, painted the brakes white as well and reinstalled the seat.

Busy polishing the Campagnolo Delta rims and spokes, got new Conti Gatorskin tires.

On my CRC wishlist are the following items:

White allen-key skewers

Blue bar tape to match the seat

White brake cables

Blue anodised TOKEN casette lockring

Blue anodised cog spacers (Velosolo.co.uk)

Blue anodised chainring (Velosolo.co.uk)

Blue or white SS chain

post-19617-0-86298400-1302699982.jpg

post-19617-0-94793000-1302699985.jpg

post-19617-0-20638800-1302699988.jpg

Hey guys got a unrelated to SS question SORRY but i dont want to make a whole new forum for this and alot of people who know their way around bikes sees this. My question is if you replace an old hydraulic brake hose do you need to buy new hardware as well or can you use the old hardware.

Guest agteros

Mine is in bits and pieces, scattered al over

I have the blue Cotic BFe frame, but it is going to be swapped for an orange Soul - won this at some very silly but cool race B)

Wheels, handlebar, seatpost and grips (Actually thinking that a brown leather(?) seat and leather grips might actually be a nice touch!):

Still looking for a rigid white fork though.....

Thinking it will be a bit too white/orange and that it'll need some colour various bits and bobs might turn up in green, including the metal trimmings on the brake hose, etc

The only orange brakes I can find (overseas naturally!) - maybe go ovesize on these? 203 / 180? Would love for the rear callipers to be white :)

Not so sure about a coloured chain though?

Still on the lookout for a set of cranks that will blend in with the technicolour circus :P

So I got impatient and tore apart 2 old casettes to use the spacers for my SS build. Once I got the tops of the rivets drilled out, split the casettes apart and now can use the spacers on my new SS.

I tried my old Suntour Ovaltech chainring in the front but the profile messes with the chain tension - have to wait for a new chainring....

post-19617-0-76273900-1303116524.jpg

post-19617-0-76001100-1303116525.jpg

Hey Guys

I have this piece of History in my garage and will never build a singlespeed out of it - so It's up for grabs...

and offers:

I'm not sure of the frame make, but is has internal cable routing and aero seatpost rubber cover and is in pretty good nick.

Groupset on this is Full Dura Ace AX aero group! and the pedals are pretty neat too with huge bearings.

I have a DA rear wheel - but no matching front wheel.

Selle Italia Superleggera Saddle

Some cool Trackie type bars..

All hardly used, but obv been standing... pictured front wheel is not included.

post-3341-0-11991300-1303117124.jpg

post-3341-0-17533900-1303117146.jpg

Edited by Tarmac-SL3

• 2 weeks later...