Formula 1...

'Dale

13 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

So how is it acceptable that the Race Director gets nailed for decisions that benefits the winner, but the win is allowed to stand?! Boggles the mind... but then again, it’s F1 and the FIA...

Oops! Meant to reply to your other message

Honestly think it was more to do with how much he allowed the team principles to affect his decisions, and not necessarily the decision itself.

Would you have preferred they change the decision now?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

So how is it acceptable that the Race Director gets nailed for decisions that benefits the winner, but the win is allowed to stand?! Boggles the mind... but then again, it’s F1 and the FIA...

Oops! Meant to reply to your other message

Match results influenced by shoddy refereeing is very seldomly overturned. Only when clear corruption is proven. And in those games, normally a rematch is scheduled, you don't just hand the victory to the other team.

Many examples in Rugby with shoddy refereeing, results never overturned.

I don't see why this would be any different.

The 2007 Sharks team still feel the result was "stolen" due to that dodgy ruck in the final play. But the result stands and the Bulls and their supporters sleep very well with that result.

2 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Honestly think it was more to do with how much he allowed the team principles to affect his decisions, and not necessarily the decision itself.

Would you have preferred they change the decision now?

I absolutely agree with the inability to change the result, but this was challenged at the race when Toto questioned the during the race....

Anyways, it’s water under the bridge and as much as I’ve never supported LH44 throughout his racing career, I felt at the time that he was hard done by. But that’s also true for many other racers... 🤷🏽‍♂️

47 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Match results influenced by shoddy refereeing is very seldomly overturned. Only when clear corruption is proven. And in those games, normally a rematch is scheduled, you don't just hand the victory to the other team.

Many examples in Rugby with shoddy refereeing, results never overturned.

I don't see why this would be any different.

The 2007 Sharks team still feel the result was "stolen" due to that dodgy ruck in the final play. But the result stands and the Bulls and their supporters sleep very well with that result.

Again, there are definitely plenty more examples and it’s a given, that trying to alter a result 3 months later is much harder than correcting during or immediately after an event - this has also happened in F1.

Of course this is hopefully going to make 2022 season a tad more abrasive... 

Edited by RoddieJ

14 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

Again, there are definitely plenty more examples and it’s a given, that trying to alter a result 3 months later is much harder than not correcting during or immediately after an event - this has also happened in F1.

Of course this is hopefully going to make 2022 season a tad more abrasive... 

I do hope we see some sensible changes to race rules going forward.

I personally have an issue with the unlapping of cars. It does not make any sense. Once you are lapped, you have proven that you are not as fast as the guys on the lead lap. Why do you get the benefit of gaining a lap back for no reason other than that you will be in the way of the lead cars at the restart.

My solution to a fair restart. Let all the lapped drivers drop back through the field, behind the lead lap cars, or said the other way round: All drivers on the lead lap are allowed to overtake lapped cars while behind the SAFETY Car to be able to start in the correct order at the front, followed by cars on 1 lap down, then 2 laps down(Mazepin).

It is quick to effect (can be done within a couple straights), and doesn't give an unfair boost to cars that were 1 lap down.

Edited by Vetplant

I am actually of the opinion that F1 has too many rules and rule changes which is why some rules end up contradictory or alternate.

In the case of the Abu Dabi decision, the Race Director was correct in keeping the formation behind the Safety Car until the track was safe for racing, but then another rule states that the Race Director has discretionary powers to the use of the the Safety Car! It’s ludicrous...

On 2/23/2022 at 2:26 AM, Vetplant said:

Promising start at least...

I'll take the last 30mins of testing in Bahrain as an indication of what's to come 

And in other news, "purpoising" is the new buzzword.

Methinks Snoop should get involved with the theme song for this season.. or at least until race 5 or 6 on the calendar. Cars look like real low-riders, bouncing to a beat....

"Teams were aware it might happen, but none expected it to be as extreme or regular as it has been.

However, most technical directors believe it can be fixed with updates, albeit ones that were not part of the original development plans. McLaren's James Key suspects it will be less of a talking point by race five or six once teams have had time to solve the issue."

https://www.espn.com.au/f1/story/_/id/33375038/porpoising-f1-new-buzzword-does-mean

6 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

And in other news, "purpoising" is the new buzzword.

Methinks Snoop should get involved with the theme song for this season.. or at least until race 5 or 6 on the calendar. Cars look like real low-riders, bouncing to a beat....

"Teams were aware it might happen, but none expected it to be as extreme or regular as it has been.

However, most technical directors believe it can be fixed with updates, albeit ones that were not part of the original development plans. McLaren's James Key suspects it will be less of a talking point by race five or six once teams have had time to solve the issue."

https://www.espn.com.au/f1/story/_/id/33375038/porpoising-f1-new-buzzword-does-mean

Mostly happening at high speeds and the wind tunnel rules only allow you to go up to 180km/h I think.

Things like active suspension (banned quite a while ago) would have helped to solve this. I'm sure they'll find a solution for this.

1 hour ago, BaGearA said:

Gio coming back to Replace Nikita 

Kicking him out of his seat is BS imo 

Possibly a scape goat? Sounds like the team have wanted him out almost since he joined and maybe just took the opportunity. Thing is, they took him in for Daddy's money, now that's gone.........