Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Hamilton joins Ferrari alongside Charles le Clerc in 2025.

It just so happens that 2025 is the year I stop being a Ferrari fan.

What a coincidence. 

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.breaking-lewis-hamilton-to-make-shock-switch-from-mercedes-to-ferrari-for-2025.3U1mESEizCeJ096Qrhbkb6.html

Biggest Bombshell in F1 that I can think off. No-one saw this coming.

Plus, they still need to go through the entire 2024 season before the switch happens. Mick might get a couple of races this year...

20 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Ai am expecting a back lash on that. That is anti competitive in my view. 

Yep. Also quite galling to think that they claim Andretti, a motorsports powerhouse, won’t bring enough into the game. 

erm…. 

1 hour ago, Captain Fastbastard Mayhem said:

Yep. Also quite galling to think that they claim Andretti, a motorsports powerhouse, won’t bring enough into the game. 

erm…. 

I reckon the owners of F1 would love Andretti in the fold especially their ability to market to the American folks where the marketing putsch is currently. 

think it’s the teams that are the problem. They don’t want to share and play nice. 

On 2/1/2024 at 1:23 PM, IceCreamMan said:

44 to Ferrari is the rumour. 

More than a rumour.

4 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

More than a rumour.

F1 Management are probably overjoyed as it maintains more interest in the sport, with Max likely to win at least 50% of the races in 24/25, assuming that other teams make big gains and finally understand the GE era. Take 50% as an overly conservative estimate as the RB20 was already in the design office from mid 23...

38 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

More than a rumour.

Yeah, confirmed now.

think Ferrari have made another strategic blunder they famous for the last few years. Hamilton is a has been. They should have gotten young talent….but maybe they want to sell more cars to the rapper crowd in the USA. 

charles won’t be a push over 

29 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Yeah, confirmed now.

think Ferrari have made another strategic blunder they famous for the last few years. Hamilton is a has been. They should have gotten young talent….but maybe they want to sell more cars to the rapper crowd in the USA. 

charles won’t be a push over 

Or just retain Sainz , man is hot property but it doesn't feel like anyone is seeing it 

18 hours ago, Captain Fastbastard Mayhem said:

Me too, in all fairness. Smug conniving bastard, that one. 

Someone should tell Toto it's only a race. Oh, wait. Mikey already did . . . 😂😂

5 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

I see Christian Horner is in hot water. Seems he has been asked to voluntarily step down and red bull have opened an investigation into inappropriate behaviour. 

I wish they would name the person lodging the complaint. This is patently unfair to Christian in that he gets lambasted without proof or even the name being made public of the complainant. 

Having worked in F1 I know the teams have to work to military like precision, every step is pre planned and must be adhered to otherwise it breaks things. As principal the buck stops with him and he needs to be a dictator in some cases. It’s the nature of the job and it’s what you sign up for. 

If guilty then he must be held accountable , but after 20 years of great success this is a diabolical way to treat a person. 

2 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

I wish they would name the person lodging the complaint. This is patently unfair to Christian in that he gets lambasted without proof or even the name being made public of the complainant. 

Having worked in F1 I know the teams have to work to military like precision, every step is pre planned and must be adhered to otherwise it breaks things. As principal the buck stops with him and he needs to be a dictator in some cases. It’s the nature of the job and it’s what you sign up for. 

If guilty then he must be held accountable , but after 20 years of great success this is a diabolical way to treat a person. 

If he is genuinely guilty of harassment (as alleged), then I hope he faces the music for sure, but I can't help feeling like there is some internal power struggle at play within RB. I'm almost expecting that Marko will also be similarly nudged toward the exit door somehow.

I am no Horner fan boy (far from it), but I'd agree that this could have been handled more discreetly, but maybe it was leaked by the complainant or those close to him/her...

9 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

I'm always wary of stories such as this, because it tends to turn into a media frenzy without much credibility. 

Although, since there's no smoke without fire, it's also true that fires are started for too easily.

My view: Let Christian Horner and Red Bull sort out their private matters, in private. The media can have their opportunity after the fact, when there is substantive evidence.