Formula 1...

'Dale

2 minutes ago, aiyaaz said:

If he is genuinely guilty of harassment (as alleged), then I hope he faces the music for sure, but I can't help feeling like there is some internal power struggle at play within RB. I'm almost expecting that Marko will also be similarly nudged toward the exit door somehow.

I am no Horner fan boy (far from it), but I'd agree that this could have been handled more discreetly, but maybe it was leaked by the complainant or those close to him/her...

As the saying goes, you can’t make an omelette without cracking some eggs. And certainly if you are a sensitive soul then working in F1 is not for you. It’s a tough ruthless world where sometimes you follow orders and other times you follow orders. The logistics, time frames , requirements involved don’t allow for much niceties. People get trampled on, it really has to be military like in its precision. But the rewards are many too esp in a successful team.

I agree, I think there is an element of politics here. We wait n see but I hope Horner is innocent and I hope he does not resign. He seems like a good guy and his family is important to him. Geri supports him 110 percent by the way.  

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

As the saying goes, you can’t make an omelette without cracking some eggs. And certainly if you are a sensitive soul then working in F1 is not for you. It’s a tough ruthless world where sometimes you follow orders and other times you follow orders. The logistics, time frames , requirements involved don’t allow for much niceties. People get trampled on, it really has to be military like in its precision. But the rewards are many too esp in a successful team.

I agree, I think there is an element of politics here. We wait n see but I hope Horner is innocent and I hope he does not resign. He seems like a good guy and his family is important to him. Geri supports him 110 percent by the way.  

Except in this world you can 

The amount of Football players that get sued for child support of children that don't belong to them or Sexual harassment when nothing happened is sickening , all while their reputation in football , golf , hockey goes to hell 

Just cause some scumbag sees some dollar signs 

and after the case is found to have no substance those accusers are never held to some responsibility 

3 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Except in this world you can 

The amount of Football players that get sued for child support of children that don't belong to them or Sexual harassment when nothing happened is sickening , all while their reputation in football , golf , hockey goes to hell 

Just cause some scumbag sees some dollar signs 

and after the case is found to have no substance those accusers are never held to some responsibility 

ABSOLUTELY!

That's why the media should never be iallkwed to report on allegations. Allegations that are drawn out in the media, sud-judice are ridiculous in that they villify the accused without any substantive evidence.

Take this case as an example, the allegations are being investigated. So why can't the media be prevented from reporting until there's an outcome... simple.

21 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

ABSOLUTELY!

That's why the media should never be iallkwed to report on allegations. Allegations that are drawn out in the media, sud-judice are ridiculous in that they villify the accused without any substantive evidence.

Take this case as an example, the allegations are being investigated. So why can't the media be prevented from reporting until there's an outcome... simple.

It would make me soooooo happy to see one of these well off stars go after these false accusers AND the reporting companies that spew the BS 

Joe rogan just threatened( think it was CNN )  and they stopped mostly when that hose med BS was making the rounds but he could've done some serious damage and I really wish one of these people would 

That might make the media tread a little more lightly with stories like this 

Edited by BaGearA

2 hours ago, BaGearA said:

The amount of Football players that get sued for child support of children that don't belong to them or Sexual harassment when nothing happened is sickening

Who are you referring to here?

8 hours ago, justinafrika said:

Who are you referring to here?

More common in America than Europe but a quick google will get more 10 names in the last 10 years

5 hours ago, BaGearA said:

More common in America than Europe but a quick google will get more 10 names in the last 10 years

Nah those allegations usually reflect events as they happened.  For one instance, Ronaldo’s fan boys keep dismissing evidence against him as fake.  In fact, the leaked transcript from his first Las Vegas Police Department interview was published on the site Football Leaks.  It’s just one of many thousands of authentic docs related to footie that were hacked.  

image.jpeg.c204af8df4543974e6840587a09453b9.jpeg

Ronaldo also added that he’d apologised because he’s not usually that rough.  And yet the LVPD declined to prosecute.

It’s tough enough gaining a conviction or some kind of acknowledgement through financial compensation.  Even in the UK justice system less than 4% of sex assault-rape reports made to police go to court, and only around 1% result in conviction.  I’ve seen how slanted against complainants the criminal justice system is wrt sex assaults in the cases of two friends.  (Edit:  Furthermore, an ex found that even her medical practitioner mom was disbelieving when she reported sex assault in her early teen years by a trusted family friend.)

Abused women then also have to deal with the prejudices, or wilful ignorance of actual evidence, from the player’s fanboys.  Despicable behaviour and even acknowledgement of guilt  is glossed over, as in the Kobe Bryant case.

At any rate, no presumption or prejudice against Horner without evidence.

Edited by justinafrika

1 hour ago, justinafrika said:

Nah those allegations usually reflect events as they happened.  For one instance, Ronaldo’s fan boys keep dismissing evidence against him as fake.  In fact, the leaked transcript from his first Las Vegas Police Department interview was published on the site Football Leaks.  It’s just one of many thousands of authentic docs related to footie that were hacked.  

image.jpeg.c204af8df4543974e6840587a09453b9.jpeg

Ronaldo also added that he’d apologised because he’s not usually that rough.  And yet the LVPD declined to prosecute.

It’s tough enough gaining a conviction or some kind of acknowledgement through financial compensation.  Even in the UK justice system less than 4% of sex assault-rape reports made to police go to court, and only around 1% result in conviction.  I’ve seen how slanted against complainants the criminal justice system is wrt sex assaults in the cases of two friends.  (Edit:  Furthermore, an ex found that even her medical practitioner mom was disbelieving when she reported sex assault in her early teen years by a trusted family friend.)

Abused women then also have to deal with the prejudices, or wilful ignorance of actual evidence, from the player’s fanboys.  Despicable behaviour and even acknowledgement of guilt  is glossed over, as in the Kobe Bryant case.

At any rate, no presumption or prejudice against Horner without evidence.

I hear you. And valid points. 

but the accuser should not be anonymous in the grand scheme of things. It’s wholly unfair in the day of cancel culture. I also take that the accuser is vulnerable when named and this would put folks off. ( both men and women by the way, it’s not a gender thing. )

Maybe folks need to be a little wiser in how they do things. When Mike Tyson invites you to his hotel room he ain’t thinking of swapping brownie recipes, that’s for sure. 

8 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

I hear you. And valid points. 

but the accuser should not be anonymous in the grand scheme of things. It’s wholly unfair in the day of cancel culture. I also take that the accuser is vulnerable when named and this would put folks off. ( both men and women by the way, it’s not a gender thing. )

Maybe folks need to be a little wiser in how they do things. When Mike Tyson invites you to his hotel room he ain’t thinking of swapping brownie recipes, that’s for sure. 

I'm not so sure about the being wiser part....

Anybody wanting to lay charges of allegations has a right to do so and the defendant, likewise has the right to defend. But the stories in the media always lean on the accused, while the accuser wallows in the **** that is being stirred on their behalf.

I am currently going through a court process where allegations have been made that are absolutely ludicrous. The hard evidence proves this.

So, there's very little to be had for being wiser. The proceedings run you through the mill until proven otherwise. In the meantime, the media has a feeding frenzy.

Benjamin Mendy of Man City is a recent case in point.

1 minute ago, RoddieJ said:

I'm not so sure about the being wiser part....

Anybody wanting to lay charges of allegations has a right to do so and the defendant, likewise has the right to defend. But the stories in the media always lean on the accused, while the accuser wallows in the **** that is being stirred on their behalf.

I am currently going through a court process where allegations have been made that are absolutely ludicrous. The hard evidence proves this.

So, there's very little to be had for being wiser. The proceedings run you through the mill until proven otherwise. In the meantime, the media has a feeding frenzy.

Benjamin Mendy of Man City is a recent case in point.

Yeah. Good example that. Ruined his reputation and potentially his career. Once that genie is out the bottle it’s never going back in. 

• 2 weeks later...