Formula 1...

'Dale

hamilton had the corner, its the duty of the car following to avoid. Having an overlap is not an excuse to cause an avoidable collision that advantages you. In this Case Rosberg's intentions are clear. Either way he wins so it was deliberate. Poor sportsmanship

Devils advocate, you say Hamilton had the corner but Rosberg would say otherwise seeing as he had the inside line. I know he wasn't fully right up along side hamster but still next to him regardless.

This could go on forever though........

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how only those who have already pinned their anti-Hamilton sentiments to the mast see it as a racing incident. Anyone who knows anything about racing knows that that was Hamilton's corner. Wolf and Lauda said from the start Rosberg's move was unacceptable. Yes, Wolf clarified the semantics that Rosberg made a point of holding his line not causing an accident deliberately, but read between the lines - he knew that so doing would lead to an accident with his teammate and was still prepared to do it. Rosberg demonstrated yesterday that he wants the title so badly he will do anything, thereby making Hamilton's assessment of Monaco seem not very far fetched at all.

Devils advocate, you say Hamilton had the corner but Rosberg would say otherwise seeing as he had the inside line. I know he wasn't fully right up along side hamster but still next to him regardless.

come on he was way back and you know it.

come on he was way back and you know it.

I agree he wasn't exactly right next to him but he still wasn't behind him either. Racing incident.

I really think this would have been a non-issue had it been any other 2 cars.Whether it be Hamilton or Rosberg with another driver. It is only because of the points that Hamilton has lost in the title fight that this is even being debated. The Mercedes dominance is also the main contributing factor, only 2 cars in the running and they're teammates, it's a recipe for disaster.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

hamilton had the corner, its the duty of the car following to avoid. Having an overlap is not an excuse to cause an avoidable collision that advantages you. In this Case Rosberg's intentions are clear. Either way he wins so it was deliberate. Poor sportsmanship

Sorry - i thought it was Hammie's onboard footage. Didn't see that section of the race, and I forgot Hammie went out with a puncture...

On that basis, it was v cheeky of Rosberg to continue on that line, but also silly of hamfilstilton to close him off so abruptly.

I agree he wasn't exactly right next to him but he still wasn't behind him either. Racing incident.

I really think this would have been a non-issue had it been any other 2 cars.Whether it be Hamilton or Rosberg with another driver. It is only because of the points that Hamilton has lost in the title fight that this is even being debated. the Mercedes dominance is also the main contributing factor, only 2 cars in the running and they're teammates, it's a recipe for disaster.

And add in the fact that the two top guns, Wolff and Lauda, are willing to give emotional interviews. I like it, but I can't imagine Ron Dennis or Whitmarsh / Demonicalli / Brawn (remember them?) having a public outbursts.

Don't get me wrong, I like the show of emotion, just saying it's handled different from their side as well.

Mercedes Benz will have their hands full trying to please both their drivers !!

Interesting times ahead ..... more drama to follow !!

And add in the fact that the two top guns, Wolff and Lauda, are willing to give emotional interviews. I like it, but I can't imagine Ron Dennis or Whitmarsh / Demonicalli / Brawn (remember them?) having a public outbursts.

Don't get me wrong, I like the show of emotion, just saying it's handled different from their side as well.

There are a lot of contributing factors I think.

There is quite a difference in salaries between the 2 drivers, Hamilton may have been made quite a few promises i.e: first driver status.

Rosberg is doing better than most people would have thought possible, Hamilton may have thought he wouldn't have to battle a teammate.

Hamilton is also known for rubbing teammates up the wrong way, think of Hamilton, Button........

Amazing how only those who have already pinned their anti-Hamilton sentiments to the mast see it as a racing incident. Anyone who knows anything about racing knows that that was Hamilton's corner. Wolf and Lauda said from the start Rosberg's move was unacceptable. Yes, Wolf clarified the semantics that Rosberg made a point of holding his line not causing an accident deliberately, but read between the lines - he knew that so doing would lead to an accident with his teammate and was still prepared to do it. Rosberg demonstrated yesterday that he wants the title so badly he will do anything, thereby making Hamilton's assessment of Monaco seem not very far fetched at all.

I raced Gti challenge, and still occasionally race clubmans, if I did what Rosberg did in clubmans, I would lose my front teeth courtesy of a tyre iron, and in Gti challenge I would be banned for a race. thats absolutely deliberate, Lewis had the corner and the racing line, and besides that, that corner is too narrow for 2 F1 cars to go side by side. So Lewis would have to run off track to avoid Rosberg. what was he thinking?

Too much hype! Press hype mostly... Compared with some of Schumacher's trickery this is mildish (racing incident and the car following usually wins these type of contests... a gentle nudge off the road!) .. just a pity we were robbed of a potentially great dice between Hamilton and Rosberg, that for me was the big issue, although a great drive by Daniel has opened up some interesting possibilities... and also great to see how he's putting Vettel in the shade... I think things can only get better this year

Edited by RichieT

Now that most of the smoke has died down... my initial thought was "Freakin' eedjit... next lap he'd have DRS (I think somebody else also mentioned this here) and it's a clean overtake"

I am not a Hamilton fan. And I don't think it was deliberately "causing an accident". It was just stupid driving on Nico's part. Magnussen pulled much "stronger" moves on Alonso and Button and they wisely avoided the incidents.

I also think it's media hype and ego's blowing this out of proportion.

Well done Ricciardo! Beaut of a drive, kept his *cough* nose clean, did what was required... and shocked a lot of people with what the Renault engine actually can do! Well, it was coupled with a bit more skinny wings, but hey, it did the job. (Smacks of Gilles in Spain -I think- many many years ago!) Hope Kimi can start putting some more impressive rides in from now.

Hope Kimi can start putting some more impressive rides in from now.

He has been a major disappointment this year. I hope the give Bianchi a try.

Then you have clearly not watched the footage nor driven Spa. I have riven Spa and there is no way Rosberg would hav got anywhere near a sniff of an overtake from the position he placed himself into because the road narrows as it starts to bend back toward the left. For ROsberg too overtake would have required Hamilton to steer right out of the corner. Hence Rosberg had no racing line to chose and opted for a collision.

That is poor sportsmanship which ever devil you chose to advocate

Too much hype! Press hype mostly... Compared with some of Schumacher's trickery this is mildish (racing incident and the car following usually wins these type of contests... a gentle nudge off the road!) .. just a pity we were robbed of a potentially great dice between Hamilton and Rosberg, that for me was the big issue, although a great drive by Daniel has opened up some interesting possibilities... and also great to see how he's putting Vettel in the shade... I think things can only get better this year

Actually, in the pre Pirelli era the tyre would have survived. These easily punctured tyres are a legacy of Pirelli. Even the P-Zero Rosso I had on my car had poor sidewalls. I went back to Michelin thereafter and the difference in ride quality and longevity was noticable.