Formula 1...

'Dale

OMW, again with the golden boy with the silver spoon vs the poor working class man whose fatger had to work in the salt mines to be able to race.......YAWN.

As for using Vettel as a reference, it is common knowledge that he is very much 2nd driver and as such has been let down ny team orders, strategies, etc.

Out of interest, anybody else find Rosbergs pitstop a bit fishy. Holding him for an approaching Massa who was MILES away!!!

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMW, again with the golden boy with the silver spoon vs the poor working class man whose fatger had to work in the salt mines to be able to race.......YAWN.

As for using Vettel as a reference, it is common knowledge that he is very much 2nd driver and as such has been let down ny team orders, strategies, etc.

Out of interest, anybody else find Rosbergs pitstop a bit fishy. Holding him for an approaching Massa who was MILES away!!!

Salt mines is whipping the golden boy. And most of us are loving every moment of it. 

As for Vettel, there are no team orders at Red Bull at this stage , and he ignored them throughout his career, do you really think he would obey them now? He is just being out driven by a better driver in the same car.

Haha so funny.  Desperate times for Vettel fans.  how to explain...

Must be a conspiracy! 

Haha so funny. Desperate times for Vettel fans. how to explain...

Must be a conspiracy!

My bad, I suppose a 4x world champion has simply forgotten how to drive...........

My bad, I suppose a 4x world champion has simply forgotten how to drive...........

Nope, 4 time world champ for the first time only has the second best car on the grid, and for the first time has a team mate who can step up and compete for a world championship himself.

Or from race one Red Bull have been trying to make him look bad.  hmmmmm....

Edited by dracs

Nope, 4 time world champ for the first time only has the second best car on the grid, and for the first time has a team mate who can step up and compete for a world championship himself.

Or from race one Red Bull have been trying to make him look bad.  hmmmmm....

How nico rosberg would have loved to have Mark Webber as a team mate, instead of Lewis Hamilton at mercedes. World title would have been wrapped up mid season allready.

Edited by Johny Bravo

I like this Ricciardo dude

What a racer

To step out of Seb's shadow takes some doing hey

Agreed, I also like the way he races. No dirty tactics like the Maldonados and Sutils etc, good clean racing. Very impressed by him. 

Edited by Johny Bravo

Some drivers are incredibly fast in a fast car but somewhat average when times get tough ... Vettel (like two times world champion Mika Häkkinen back in the 90s) is such a driver.

Lets be honest, the Red Bull was untouchable the last four seasons and Vettel had an monkey as a teammate.

Some drivers are incredibly fast in a fast car but somewhat average when times get tough ... Vettel (like two times world champion Mika Häkkinen back in the 90s) is such a driver.

Lets be honest, the Red Bull was untouchable the last four seasons and Vettel had an monkey as a teammate.

True, we can add Montoya and Jacques Villeneuve to that list aswell.

Prost  :ph34r:

I was thinking that driver as well but afraid of the fallout from the Prost fan-boys  :whistling:

As much as I'm not a fan of Hamilton, I can't deny that the guy is a fighter and great driver who deserves this championship more than Rosberg. Rosberg had lady luck on his side for the first two thirds of the season and now that is gone, he looks pretty average...

Prost  :ph34r:

Mmmmm, I agree with you. But many wont.

I was thinking that driver as well but afraid of the fallout from the Prost fan-boys  :whistling:

Wow.  Surely you are not serious!?  Example?  Compared to his teammates in the same car?  I would like to understand the basis for such a weird consensus!!

Edited by dracs

Wow.  Surely you are not serious!?  Example?  Compared to his teammates in the same car?  I would like to understand the basis for such a weird consensus!!

Prost's record vs team mates, other than his first year in F1, only once did his team mate score more points in a season and that was Lauda by half a point (that half due to Prost's win at Monaco being awarded half points as was stopped early due to rain).

Note that the year he lost out to Senna, he only did so because the scoring system at the time included only the 11 best results (and Senna had 1 more race win that year than Prost)...

Year Prost's points[1] Team-mates' points[1] Team-mate

1980   5               6    John Watson

1981   43            11    René Arnoux

1982   34             28    René Arnoux

1983   57             22    Eddie Cheever

1984   71.5          72    Niki Lauda

1985   73 (76)     14    Niki Lauda

1986   72 (74)     22     Keke Rosberg

1987   46             30     Stefan Johansson

1988   87 (105)    90 (94) Ayrton Senna

1989   76 (81)      60     Ayrton Senna

1990   71 (73)      37     Nigel Mansell