Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on the Honda equipped cars.....

"Everything ran smoothly and according to plan," a Toro Rosso spokesperson said. "We finished the program without any issues and completed all the promotional requests ahead of schedule, it was a perfect day."

Eventually they got the colour right

http://e0.365dm.com/18/02/16-9/20/skysports-f1-mcl33-mclaren_4238483.jpg?20180223070645

Now if they can get the rest of the package right they can start selling advertising space in the side of the car because that looks really arb with that much emptyness

Now if they can get the rest of the package right they can start selling advertising space in the side of the car because that looks really arb with that much emptyness

Ca anyone spot where it says Mclaren? I just see Renault...

Those Halo things just look weird.

Aesthetically, they're not the greatest (to put it mildly), but if it is going to make the sport just that bit safer, I'm all for it. I don't think it will take too long before we get used to it.

I don't get the whole halo concept. What about the lower formula's? Surely those cars would have to have them fitted as well. Henry Surtees was competing in Formula 3 when he tragically died from being hit on the head. How would a contraption like the halo fit on a small car?

I don't get the whole halo concept. What about the lower formula's? Surely those cars would have to have them fitted as well. Henry Surtees was competing in Formula 3 when he tragically died from being hit on the head. How would a contraption like the halo fit on a small car?

From a quick Google search,it appears only F1 and F2 will feature halo this year.

here is some additional info on the halo concept:

http://kwese.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/20111099/what-halo-why-being-introduced-f1-2018

At least he's able to ride the wheels off the car now... (Sorry, that's a Friday afternoon effort!)

At least he's able to ride the wheels off the car now... (Sorry, that's a Friday afternoon effort!)

Just saw the video now... he literally did ride the wheel off the car. There was no contact with a wall or anything else.

Gary Anderson:

"Looking again at the McLaren lost wheel, Alonso was on what I think was his fourth lap. I’m surprised a loose wheel would stay on that long rattling around so the driver can feel it. 

The big drama for McLaren is not going to be the wheel coming off itself, but the damage done by dragging the floor of the car through the gravel at a time when spares will be limited. 

If the wheel did just come off, then it will be a torque setting on a wheelgun not being correct – something has likely gone wrong of that nature."