Formula 1...

'Dale

I do like Monaco's large run off areas :clap:

FIA have always wanted Africa in the championship so that they have all the continents covered. Although the south pole GP could be an issue. Kimi would love it.

It's not only about run-off areas, but I do believe that's a big part of it. Kyalami doesn't have tarmac run-off, but rather gravel traps. Other issues such as Medivac facilities and general access also play a role.

The sniffing that I'm concerned about is Liberty Media (owners of F1) having a jol at Assen with the MotoGP this year, saying it would be cool to bring F1 there. GO. THE. ****. AWAY.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not only about run-off areas, but I do believe that's a big part of it. Kyalami doesn't have tarmac run-off, but rather gravel traps. Other issues such as Medivac facilities and general access also play a role.

The sniffing that I'm concerned about is Liberty Media (owners of F1) having a jol at Assen with the MotoGP this year, saying it would be cool to bring F1 there. GO. THE. ****. AWAY.

Call me stupid and old fashioned but I like gravel traps. A driver should be punished for his errors, not simply feed back in behind the driver he just tried to overtake but cocked up. Better still if the gravel is really deep and it ends his race!!!!

Would 2 F1 cars even fit side by side on the Assen track, its freaking narrow!!!

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Call me stupid and old fashioned but I like gravel traps. A driver should be punished for his errors, not simply feed back in behind the driver he just tried to overtake but cocked up. Better still if the gravel is really deep and it ends his race!!!!

100% agreed!

RIP Mo Nunn

One of his not so successful designs

http://en.espnf1.com/PICTURES/CMS/22500/22517.3.jpg

I also picked up on this earlier today. He also wanted to put #makeamericagreatagain on the side of his car and got denied by the FIA.

Following up on this earlier conversation had elsewhere, this tool just had his contract terminated with the team.

"Since the beginning of the championship, the driver justified its payments’ default with alleged failure by his sponsors to fulfil their obligations.

"It seems weird that, despite such kind of issues, Santino Ferrucci had the resources needed to enter the Detroit IndyCar race from June 1st to 3rd while, at the same time, he was not honouring his agreement with Trident Motorsport."

Following up on this earlier conversation had elsewhere, this tool just had his contract terminated with the team.

He was obviously talented but had an attitude problem.

Similar to Hector "Hectic" Barbara who had the same termination but for drunk driving......

He was obviously talented but had an attitude problem.

Similar to Hector "Hectic" Barbara who had the same termination but for drunk driving......

Okes like that dont see racing as a career, just something to pass the time really..

dammit  :(

Disappointing yes, unless you are a Hamilton fan I suppose.

From the 2nd driver's not being able to race to the wishy-washy stewards application of rules.

Obviously Vettel's mistake was such a disappointment but these things happen and he is still in the title race........

Just to clarify before people slam the "penalty", go look at Massa in Brazil in 2013 and the Kimi in Baku in 2016. Both did the same as Lulu and both were penalized. They weren't the golden boy though........

That was heart-breaking. A relatively small mistake has resulted in a probable 32 point swing in the driver's championship. But to distract me from that heart-break .... WTF were the Torro Rossos doing on full wets?

That was heart-breaking. A relatively small mistake has resulted in a probable 32 point swing in the driver's championship. But to distract me from that heart-break .... WTF were the Torro Rossos doing on full wets?

That was histerical

I assume Red Bull had the official rain app working, while Torro Rosso had last years version.

Disappointing yes, unless you are a Hamilton fan I suppose.

From the 2nd driver's not being able to race to the wishy-washy stewards application of rules.

Obviously Vettel's mistake was such a disappointment but these things happen and he is still in the title race........

Just to clarify before people slam the "penalty", go look at Massa in Brazil in 2013 and the Kimi in Baku in 2016. Both did the same as Lulu and both were penalized. They weren't the golden boy though........

the verstappen fans really put A sour taste on the whole race when the cheered the crash like that  :thumbdown:

See Stroll's dad bought a whole freaking team to keep him in a car for next season.

Oh how the other half live........

Has it been confirmed yet.

Can hear the commentators already. " Stroll strolling around in the Stroll"

Has it been confirmed yet.

Can hear the commentators already. " Stroll strolling around in the Stroll"

Read at least 2 article saying its a done deal but then also articles saying it is highly likely.

Lots of midfield movement going on behind the scenes!!!

Saw Ocon has been just about confirmed at Renault.

Hoping Grosjean is gone soon!!!