Formula 1...

'Dale

TBH I was so cross about the Ferrari incident that when Hamilton looked like crashing out I was shouting like the bokke just won the world cup so now ways I would hear what the commentators were saying. I was just hoping the tjop would loose his front wing and get passed by everyone.

I was watching in the pub and it got fairly noisy at that point and did not clearly hear the commentators. I think their view was that it was game on but of course I could be wrong.

Toto was not at the race either, maybe he is the talisman.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH I was so cross about the Ferrari incident that when Hamilton looked like crashing out I was shouting like the bokke just won the world cup so now ways I would hear what the commentators were saying. I was just hoping the tjop would loose his front wing and get passed by everyone.

That Ferrari incident. I am glad that showed it again a few times cos I was lil disbelieving at first. The touch looked so innocuous.

That Ferrari incident. I am glad that showed it again a few times cos I was lil disbelieving at first. The touch looked so innocuous.

Yeah it did hey. But it just shows you how a carbon fibre(or any carbon composite product for that matter) is designed to take loads in a certain direction and when a load is applied in that direction it is so strong but apply the slightest load in the wrong direction and it breaks for nothing.

Me too but that drag race between Gasly and Hamilton was epic.

I was kinda surprised that Gasly seemed to have the edge. I understand hamiltons car had damage but it seemed to lose out on a top end drag. OR Hamilton eased off.

I was kinda surprised that Gasly seemed to have the edge. I understand hamiltons car had damage but it seemed to lose out on a top end drag. OR Hamilton eased off.

I Think Hamilton lifted, probably knew there was a penalty coming.

Yeah it did hey. But it just shows you how a carbon fibre(or any carbon composite product for that matter) is designed to take loads in a certain direction and when a load is applied in that direction it is so strong but apply the slightest load in the wrong direction and it breaks for nothing.

Seb did most of the damage to his own car by not slowing down and coasting around to the pits, then again he would have ended dead last anyway........

Not sure if you saw the interview with Seb on Friday or Saturday, I can't remember if it was after FP or quali but he was saying the Honda's were so fast up the hill and on the straights all of a sudden and he suspects something illegal. I'll try find the article/interview.

Not sure if you saw the interview with Seb on Friday or Saturday, I can't remember if it was after FP or quali but he was saying the Honda's were so fast up the hill and on the straights all of a sudden and he suspects something illegal. I'll try find the article/interview.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/vettel-jokes-about-hondas-suspicious-power-in-brazil/

I Think Hamilton lifted, probably knew there was a penalty coming.

Seb did most of the damage to his own car by not slowing down and coasting around to the pits, then again he would have ended dead last anyway........

I don't think he wanted to go to the pits. I reckon he wanted to catch an uber to the airport and fly straight home.

I do think that was just his German wit, following on Verstappen's cheat comments on Ferrari, which Horner blamed on being mistranslated........

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

"Cheating" is part of the game. They are all trying to find a way to interpret the rules differently and find a loophole. Some clever interpretation of the rules are deemed to stretch it too far and ruled out, others are the next big thing. 

Read double diffusers, "legal" only for one season, front wings flexing in a another way than was strictly deemed illegal, rear wings being influenced by speed, programmable brake bias (to name a very recent one!), double chassis, six wheels, aerodynamic advantageous suspension, barge board designed with a double (sided) lip... shall I go on? 

Problem nowadays is the moan-and-bitch culture. Nobody ran to the stewards when Renault pitched up with the first turbo. Likewise when Lotus introduced the first side skirts or when Ferrari chose to run more thirsty V12 when everybody was preferring V8's and 10's... 

As I type, I am starting to realise more and more why I'm following F1 only with dim interest these days.