Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not "no free practice" - they already had two sessions today. No Saturday running. Only FP3 not happening and quali moved.

Merc's romping ahead as usual......

Well that was interesting.... Charles' initial appeal is starting to wear off

Carbon fiber confetti wasn't pleasant to watch. He must have thought "sod the rest, I'm driving until everything falls off"

Carbon fiber confetti wasn't pleasant to watch. He must have thought "sod the rest, I'm driving until everything falls off"

Team told him to stay out, that's why they got the penalty.

Must say I don't quite understand the stewards saying Charles should have anticipated his car would understeer. Thats the potential pretty much all the time so should they just stop overtaking altogether now??

• 2 weeks later...

So Renault got their fingers caught in the cookie jar. Still a dog of a car no matter how they try to bend the rules.

So Renault got their fingers caught in the cookie jar. Still a dog of a car no matter how they try to bend the rules.

yeah, not heard of an appeal as yet.

Daniel must be pissed he moved to Renault.

Imagine relying on some software trickery that is hidden in the code to adjust your brake bias correctly at over 300km/h. I mean what could possible go wrong if it thinks you at a different corner! Crazy to think at what drivers are risking themselves against these days.

I was way too tired to watch till the end. I watched till lap 15. Ferrari got the front row lockout(by technicality), they handled the first few corners well and held the top spots. Albon mixing it up. Max his usual windgat self, Merc looking on the backfoot. I thought, agg we(Ferrari) should win this. Wake up this morning and WTF happened? Anyone watch the whole race care to fill me in?

I was way too tired to watch till the end. I watched till lap 15. Ferrari got the front row lockout(by technicality), they handled the first few corners well and held the top spots. Albon mixing it up. Max his usual windgat self, Merc looking on the backfoot. I thought, agg we(Ferrari) should win this. Wake up this morning and WTF happened? Anyone watch the whole race care to fill me in?

Ferrari just had really really poor strategy and poor pit stops that lost them track position. The track is a real bore to watch, fell asleep. They can remove this track from the calendar and bring back germany.

Ferrari cocked up again. Albon went for a two stop and Ferrari covered him by putting Leclerc on a two stop.

All the others went on there merry way and one stopped.

Thought Vettel had a good race except he should have pressured 44 more at the end., the error with le clerc was bringing him in to early forcing his hand to having to stop again. Not sure why Ferrari did that as Vettels tyres were good for many laps more. Once that was decided Mercedes were in the pound seats. Le Clerc must be pissed off.  Strategy seems to go against him each time.