Motorist punched me, says cyclist

pbp2007

Dont be too soon to judge, i nearly @#$@#ed up two roadies on Saturday at the bottom end of Franschoek pass, as i got to the bottom speed limit 120 no shoulder, this twitface decides to literally swerve into the middle of the road luckally i could hit brakes, flat spotting my tyres and not kill this guy. So i drive up next to him and say please dude, single file especially when theres no shoulder you nearly got killed.

So this dumb @#$# (in his british accent) tells me to F off and the and throws me a zap. And then says the "highway code says we can cycle two abreast" I wonder if this dick knows there is no highway code in SA.

Anyway, after that lovely comment i did stop, and did reverse at speed aiming to beat the living daylights out of him. And if i got hold hof his ass, he would have an assos bib threaded from his mouth through his ass.

Very clever of the cyclist not to punch back, I hope that bastard get nailed!

Highly unlikely, It appears that there are a SIGNIFICANT number of ways around this for said motorist (with sideways reference to the NAG thread<<<).

You may even find that said motorist will post here asking for HELP and ADVICE, and actually receive same!

Well done to The Cyclist for taking action though.

This is when a good dose of Pepper Spray to the eyes is effective :thumbup:

That is why I carry mine.

It's a motivational tool.

Highly unlikely, It appears that there are a SIGNIFICANT number of ways around this for said motorist (with sideways reference to the NAG thread<<<).

You may even find that said motorist will post here asking for HELP and ADVICE, and actually receive same!

Well done to The Cyclist for taking action though.

Well in that case I will beat the guy up then

....Saturday morning, around 6am went for a cycle, motorist saw me, lights was on....and then suddenly jumped infront me. SO I decided..oh well F U...so I did the responsible thing, turned around and stopped next to him at the garage tapping his window....told him did he see me and then he says no with a face looking like he pissed himself cause you can see he is lying....mmmm....old man with glasses...so I told him well have your eyes tested again then...

Went riding yesterday avie and I must say there were a number of occasions were I wanted to use hand signals following some very close encounters. Its really hard not to get agro and fly off the handle so to speak. What amazes me are the speeds motorists do on their way home its absolutely ridiculous. What we need is better law ENFORCEMENT and more visibility instead of yogy bears hiding behind bushes trying to make up xmas bonuses. :angry:

This is when a good dose of Pepper Spray to the eyes is effective :thumbup:

That is why I carry mine.

It's a motivational tool.

yup ek ook, gereed met my finger op die knoppie,ready to fire!biggrin.gif

Well in that case I will beat the guy up then

....Saturday morning, around 6am went for a cycle, motorist saw me, lights was on....and then suddenly jumped infront me. SO I decided..oh well F U...so I did the responsible thing, turned around and stopped next to him at the garage tapping his window....told him did he see me and then he says no with a face looking like he pissed himself cause you can see he is lying....mmmm....old man with glasses...so I told him well have your eyes tested again then...

Harassment is a little different to "I drive but have no clue how".

As a cyclist you have to assume that you have not been seen. Flashy light or not.

Just as vehicle indicator on does not mean you may IMMEDIATELY change lanes, a flashy bike light on does not mean you may relax.

Flashy bike lights are no cure for fools. Specifically for fools who last rode a bike in 1936.

Went riding yesterday avie and I must say there were a number of occasions were I wanted to use hand signals following some very close encounters. Its really hard not to get agro and fly off the handle so to speak. What amazes me are the speeds motorists do on their way home its absolutely ridiculous. What we need is better law ENFORCEMENT and more visibility instead of yogy bears hiding behind bushes trying to make up xmas bonuses. :angry:

Shchoe

An there I was assuming that you too were a motorist sir, avatar and handle taken into consideration.

Nice them 911's - awfully quick though!

Dont be too soon to judge, i nearly @#$@#ed up two roadies on Saturday at the bottom end of Franschoek pass, as i got to the bottom speed limit 120 no shoulder, this twitface decides to literally swerve into the middle of the road luckally i could hit brakes, flat spotting my tyres and not kill this guy. So i drive up next to him and say please dude, single file especially when theres no shoulder you nearly got killed.

So this dumb @#$# (in his british accent) tells me to F off and the and throws me a zap. And then says the "highway code says we can cycle two abreast" I wonder if this dick knows there is no highway code in SA.

Anyway, after that lovely comment i did stop, and did reverse at speed aiming to beat the living daylights out of him. And if i got hold hof his ass, he would have an assos bib threaded from his mouth through his ass.

i doubt i'm the only one that found that recount of event very lol-worthy :lol: u shoulda taken a snap of this moron. two abreast? <_< these days, especially when they NOT using the cycling lane, the more I see these lycra clad condom-fillers, the more I feel the urge to go bowling..

Edited by Capricorn

+ 1 Million. This is a major problem, saw it in the flesh yesterday and it wasnt a pretty sight. :o :(

i doubt i'm the only one that found that recount of event very lol-worthy :lol: u shoulda taken a snap of this moron. two abreast? dry.gif these days, especially when they NOT using the cycling lane, the more I see these lycra clad condom-fillers, the more I feel the urge to go bowling..

Best part Capri, once his mate saw **** was about to hit the fan, just put his bike in his highest gear and went as far away from his mate as quick as he could manage.

What cheesed me off though, did i manage to squish this peace of roadkill on the tarmac, tomorrow's headlines would have read another cyclist killed by motorist. And i would have been the bad guy.